The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr utilizes the same "true '47" k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.

Discussions

Warm Audio Introduces WA-47jr FET Condenser Microphone

I just got my WA47jr this week. I did an a/b with my un-modified Oktava mk319. Ran cables into my Onyx 1620 mixer and soloed them back and forth. I set gain levels to match, which means that each signal was just lighting up the -20 level setting. All the faders and master were...

View Post

ART trying to make... not crap? (TransX Mic Pre)

...tested it out on my voice, using my "litmus test" mic, the Shure SM7B, as well as a Warm Audio WA47Jr. I was very pleasantly surprised. The unit offered more than enough gain for the thirsty SM7B, with the gain pot at about noon. On both mics, I found the sound...

View Post

Are there any solid state mics that sound like valve / tube mics ?

The WA-47jr uses the same capsule as the WA-47 tube model, for less than 1/3 the price of the tube driven unit. Most microphone manufacturers agree that the capsule defines what the mic sounds like, all the rest of the mic electronics are just processing and conditioning. I have both Warm models, the FET "junior"...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?