The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

Post Your Synth History

...Rainbow I resolve to ditch my old electric & buy my first SYNTH + skinny tie!!! 1992:Seeing Nirvana on there "Smells like Teen's" Tour gave me the itch for the old guitar again. Sell synth buy a Jaguar Electric Guitar.. 1999.. Bad car accident + divorce leaves me destitute and unable to play music.. 2004: Buy Electribe ER 1...

View Post

Waldorf Quantum

Thanks. Now I have Cheap Trick's Dream Police in my head with "Synth" in place of "Dream." EVERY SINGLE DAY THEY'RE DRIVING ME INSANE! :lol: ...but yeah. Pro 2? Cool, in it's own right, but 1 voice, (paraphony doesn't count), less synthesis options, lame (IMO) wavetable implementation, it shouldn't even be mentioned. Also, it's like $1700. I'm just having a problem...

View Post

It is the year 2034. For more than a decade the synth market has been flooded..

...Most people won't bother. By 2042 you'll be able to download schematics of synths like the FS1R, Z1, Waldorf Q, Wave, etc., and the Logic Station will have a program that is semi AI driven with advanced variable architecture like a much more advanced and user friendly version of NI Reaktor. It'll be like...

View Post

Video Guides