The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Making Huge Pads in Surround with BEYOND Provenance
Old 16th December 2019
Making Huge Pads in Surround with BEYOND Provenance

For anyone interested in the electronic music side of immersive audio, I've just put together this video showcasing how to build a huge cinematic pad in surround using a synth I've made called BEYOND Provenance.

From a technical side, BEYOND is capable of playing back 16 discrete channels with two 'oscillators' per channel. It's a really great tool for creating immersive atmospheres among other things.

The video below is in stereo, but if you'd like to hear it in surround, you can go download it from out website:
https://barcodeindustries.com/pages/...-surround-pads

Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHParker View Post
For anyone interested in the electronic music side of immersive audio, I've just put together this video showcasing how to build a huge cinematic pad in surround using a synth I've made called BEYOND Provenance.

From a technical side, BEYOND is capable of playing back 16 discrete channels with two 'oscillators' per channel. It's a really great tool for creating immersive atmospheres among other things.

The video below is in stereo, but if you'd like to hear it in surround, you can go download it from out website:
https://barcodeindustries.com/pages/...-surround-pads

This looks really cool. Did you find any issues around the precedence effect ?
Old 14th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusss View Post
This looks really cool. Did you find any issues around the precedence effect ?
Thanks!!

It definitely depends on the sound your working with. A pad like the one in the video sounds great as is (in my opinion at least), but if working with a shorter sound where that may become an issue, you could allot voices 1-8 to the Left/A/Front and voices 9-16 to the Right/B/Surround. Then you could adjust the envelope of the voices in the back to have a slower attack allowing the transients stay more focused in front of the listener.

I also produced an album in 5.1 with it if you want to hear it in action. Here's a link to the download page:
https://barcodeindustries.com/item/p...nce-full-album

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search