The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Upsampling 1st order Ambisonics for hexagonal array
Old 1st October 2019
Here for the gear

Upsampling 1st order Ambisonics for hexagonal array

Hi there,

I am looking to upsample a 1st order AmbiX file to 2nd order so I can play it back on a hexagonal speaker array (horizontal only).

Is this actually possible and how can I approach it?

I see that the Harpex-X plugin allows you to decode an AmbiX input to higher order output. Has anyone done this or could guide me through the process?

Looking forward to hearing any advice you can give. Thanks!
Old 9th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franga View Post
Hi there,

I am looking to upsample a 1st order AmbiX file to 2nd order so I can play it back on a hexagonal speaker array (horizontal only).

Is this actually possible and how can I approach it?

I see that the Harpex-X plugin allows you to decode an AmbiX input to higher order output. Has anyone done this or could guide me through the process?

Looking forward to hearing any advice you can give. Thanks!
...not with any ambiX files but with a-format signals or double-m/s signals, using whatever decoder is at hand/aporopriate: on can easily decode to as many outputs (and formats) as the decoder and the interface/mixer allow: i have mostly been using 6.0 and 5.1 formats, depending on venue/speaker system/intended soundfield; i prefer having a center channel over phantom center though, especially for live situations...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search