The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Consistency in Surround Speaker Setup/Formats
Old 24th June 2019
Here for the gear

Consistency in Surround Speaker Setup/Formats

Hi Everybody,

I was looking into buying an Allen and Heath Qu PAC and an AR84

The purpose for this is purely Monitoring for my small Surround Studio.

The inputs would be 8 line level outputs from a Digidesign 192 and 6 line level outputs from a 96 I/O
8 more outputs line level from a Tascam DS-M7.1 Monitoring System.
This is to switch between A satellite system 7.1/5.1 with Bass Management and a discrete ATMOS Mix with separate LFE

The first recallable Preamps 1 to 12 to go to 14 Direct outputs) that would feed the Dyn Audio BM6 speakers and LFE Sub.
This also to swap configurations of routing of Pro Tools configurations that suit the internal bussing of the Pro Tools Film Standard L.C.R.Lfe ..... that cannot be altered in the working session template.

This is so I can line them up perfectly and store the settings between various configurations (ie 7.1 Standard Center, 30 , (60.70) 110 degrees and Atmos centre 30 110 (130,150).

I would like to assign a graphic eq across each to help “tame” the room.

Will the Qu PAC and an AR84 combo be able to achieve this?

I am short on space, so the physical profile of these units suit what I need.
I do not have space for a mixer. The room in based around 2 Raven Mt2 2`s

I couldn`t find any direct support for this question, so I have come to the brains trust.
Any other suggestions are very welcome...

Cheers and thanks for any help in advance

Bill
Old 3rd July 2019
Lives for gear

if i got your setup right, you might consider getting a yamaha dme24n with a my-16 card of choice/depending on the digital i/o's of the rest of your monitoring chain.

the dme24n is a fully configurable dsp mixer, controlled by dme manager which runs on a win pc. max. i/o count is 8 analog plus 16 digital (via slot) if running at 48khz or 8 digital at 96khz (or 16 analog i/o's with the appropriate analog card) - the larger dme64n has 4 card slots but no analog i/o's; i'm using one of these with two my-lake cards, a madi and a dante (or aes) card (plus additional lake processors to control my 7.1.4 setup, a pair of nearfields, a single broadband speaker plus two additional subs).

maybe better use the built-in speaker processor modules which feature 8-band peq than geq's but if that's what you want, you can easily configure whatever you want (until you max out the dsp).

p.s. the dme's can be found for ridiculous prices these days... - can recommend lake (but they are far more expensive) or (if you need a serious amount of processing) check out this: https://newton.outline.it/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search