The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Surround/ambisonic/Atmos distribution
Old 3rd October 2019
Gear Addict

Looks great. Just didn´t understand that part about not being for 5.1 or stereo QC. So, if my Atmos file is a Binaural output from the Renderer, intended for music distribution, it won´t work?

Didn´t install the Production Suite yet, need to do a lot of tests ASAP.
Old 8th October 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
Dolby Atmos Production Suite v3.3 released today. ...
I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a significantly easier and cheaper method than I listed above. If any one reading here tests this, post back so we can know your thoughts. Download links look like they're not quite ready...
Thanks for the heads up, I experimented a little bit with the new v3.3 today and the mp4 export function with Dolby Atmos in a DD+ stream is a great new feature. It works fine.

Greetings,

Thierry
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Looks great. Just didn´t understand that part about not being for 5.1 or stereo QC. So, if my Atmos file is a Binaural output from the Renderer, intended for music distribution, it won´t work?

Didn´t install the Production Suite yet, need to do a lot of tests ASAP.
Binaural output is a 2-channel format like any other standard stereo file. Are you trying to distribute a binaural rendering (downmix) of an Atmos mix?
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
Binaural output is a 2-channel format like any other standard stereo file. Are you trying to distribute a binaural rendering (downmix) of an Atmos mix?
Sorry, I didn´t explain myself well. I´m interested in generating files in binaural, rendered from an atmos mix, using the DAPS. So yes, it´s a stereo file in binaural format. I´m interested to hear how the immersive sound from an atmos mix will translate when rendered to binaural, in comparison with other mixing techniques, for instance when rendering from a combination of ambisonics, mono and stereo material.

I was trying to figure out if I could use the mp4 encoding to wrap that binaural file, so that I could add video/still images/artwork.

I´m also interested in checking mp4/DD+ for devices that have Dolby Atmos decoding capabilities, although from what I´m aware, it´s still not available in a mass scale for consumers.

From what I could understand from Dolby, Atmos for Music will be delivered as a ADM BWF file to Amazon HD and other streaming services in the future.

Sony 360 Reality Audio is another forma that I´m curious to experiment with, using MPEG H, so I guess in a way, delivery formats are still emerging for people that want to provide immersive music files.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NReichman View Post
Dolby Atmos Production Suite v3.3 released today. From the release notes:

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a significantly easier and cheaper method than I listed above. If any one reading here tests this, post back so we can know your thoughts. Download links look like they're not quite ready...
I'm just in the process of setting up my mix room for Atmos mixing. I'll be doing music mixing to Atmos, so not really post production. Excited to get started on this.

Thanks for this info, I was wondering how I could listen to mixes outside of the studio.

I guess I'll need to set up the home with a new Atmos receiver next and a couple more speakers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search