The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is your favorite binaural spatialization software?? Analog Processors (HW)
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Question What is your favorite binaural spatialization software??

Hello,

Which software or plug-in do you like or dislike for binaural spatialization? Why?

I am interested in tools compatible with Windows 64 bit first and foremost but pleae share your opinions/experience about tools for MacOS X too.

Thank you in advance.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I really like Unity3d, it’s not perfect but I need to throw a lot of things together and it’s support of vive/oculus/ios(ar stuff)/mac/Windows/daydream/etc with simple plugins that I can learn from helps me out on this crazy fast evolving space. The HRTF and ambisonic stuff is almost auto magic on putting together things quickly, also a lot of quick YouTube howto’s. Even at gamesoundcon there was a super quick prototype done with Unity3d, I also noticed as people worked they had unity as their dev environment more then I was expecting. I notice the game guys really like the wwise stack, but I haven’t found that as assessable (though it seems hardly anyone that does this full time doesn’t know wwise).
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

i'm currently using facebook spatial workstation. because it's free and works fine so far..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfus View Post
i'm currently using facebook spatial workstation. because it's free and works fine so far..

Edited: sorry, I thought this was a joke. But actually, yes, there is a suite of tools named Facebook360 which looks very interesting indeed.

Last edited by amundsen; 4 days ago at 07:57 PM..
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
I prefer open range spatial placement perception augmentation via duo-modular transducer initiated tympanic modulation processing to automated binaural placement. It's a bit more difficult but the results can be more artistic.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostx View Post
I prefer open range spatial placement perception augmentation via duo-modular transducer initiated tympanic modulation processing to automated binaural placement. It's a bit more difficult but the results can be more artistic.
Errr...

Do you mean natural binaural hearing?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by amundsen View Post

Edited: sorry, I thought this was a joke. But actually, yes, there is a suite of tools named Facebook360 which looks very interesting indeed.
Yes, no joke this bundle works fine for basic stuff like track a spotmik in a ambisonic environment and set the needed output format for 360 video. soon i work on a VR shoot and planned to use the sennheiser ambeo vr mik with some lapells on the talents.
in post i'll use reaper with the FB workstation.. should be fine then
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Errr...

Do you mean natural binaural hearing?
No I mean that binaural is just a fancy word for stereo realism.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
No I mean that binaural is just a fancy word for stereo realism.
I don't agree. Binaural is supposed to bring 360 degrees of azimut localization with the right HRTF.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I don't agree. Binaural is supposed to bring 360 degrees of azimut localization with the right HRTF.
How many ears do you have?!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
How many ears do you have?!
Two, including the pinna, but also one head, all of these having a role in the natural binaural hearing. The usual stereo doesn't use all these elements whild binaural synthesis does, so that's an improvement.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Two, including the pinna, but also one head, all of these having a role in the natural binaural hearing. The usual stereo doesn't use all these elements whild binaural synthesis does, so that's an improvement.
No matter what you're still listening in stereo. What I was saying that mixing is using processing to cue the perception based on various psycho-acoustic principles to create a binaural image. Using binaural processing is kind of "cheating" and definitely less fun unless the specific project places the highest priority on binaural imaging.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search