The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
VR Modular Synthesizers ... I want one bad.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

VR Modular Synthesizers ... I want one bad.

I've been gearslutz lusting over Junkie XL's modular setup : Junkie-XL Modular Synthesis (Part 1) - Studio Time

I enjoy his video's and learn a lot from them, it also just seems so "fun" ... but for a gearslutz viewpoint I just have a hard time seeing me getting such a nice modular wall & room.

I've been enjoying the moog-15 on my ipad, but the interface is cramped, I would just love a vive or oculus modular wall. I have noticed a couple of efforts in the space:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/build...eavy-rothmann/

And the open source euro rack seems like it isn't far away from having a vr front end:

https://vcvrack.com

I was woundering if others are as enamored by these efforts in modular, especially if any one is playing around or has found something in the space.

Also some of the features I'd like for a modular vr software is it being able to record how the modular is setup, so I can kind of kick back and listen watch as some expert configures a virtual modular wall. I'd also love to be able to stop the "wiring" sequency, and be able to play around myself. When watching Junkie he explains things well, but I'd love to be able to stop him wiring things up and play with a configuration to learn modular. It would also be nice for me to pay a nominal fee for a vr configuration and sequence that would run inside the modular vr system.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search