The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Music For Picture forum ... kiss of death for subforms?
Old 13th August 2017
Lives for gear

Music For Picture forum ... kiss of death for subforms?

I think the game forum is basically dead, and the immersive forum seems to have died right off the bat. I don't think anyone in the main music forum has posted in the immersive forum, even though 50% of the work is moving to games and immersive stuff ... I guess all they want to talk about is licensing and legal stuff. I think these new area's are having the largest growth for people that want to make money, actually be profesional ... and having the groups basically dead being under music (????) really puts my viewpoint on gearlsutz in a weird light.

I've been here almost 5 years, loved the discussions, but if immersive sound and games are dead at gearslutz, I'll visit gearslutz for amuzement everynow and then, but really have to go somewhere else to grow profesionally. Theirs a lot of great people here so I find it confuzing why people want to talk about things that don't pay or where the industry is in decline vs where the industry is exploding. Also since a lot of us either work in a company under salary(for game company, etc) or work at home there's very little spots to hang out physically aside from the conferences which I've been to busy to go recently.
Old 14th August 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi Patrick,

I fully agree with you.The immersive audio section shouldn´t be a sub forum, even less under music for picture, as most immersive audio has nothing to do with music only.
Considering the growing importance of immersive audio and formats like Auro 3D, DTX X, Dolby Atmos and the tech evolution both in software and hardware that support these formats, I really would like to see it as a normal forum item.

Forum managers, please consider this.
Old 1 week ago
Ok, we've moved it up to the top level. Go forth and make it a success!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search