The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

VR (Virtual Reality), Immersive + Ambisonics Audio and Music Production

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'd like to have a sticky for this subforum that lists the mics available that can produce correct Ambisonic recordings...

philper
replies: 16 views: 2,005
Kewl 1 week ago

UPDATE: Now closed to new questions! Thanks to everyone who participated!! Hey everyone! In advance of next month's big...

Whitecat
replies: 16 views: 2,961
Black Diamond 3rd November 2017

Any comments on the app AliveInVR: High end VR controller for Ableton Live (Rift/Vive/WMR). Includes Binaural/Spatial mixing,...

jimsimonz
replies: 0 views: 303
jimsimonz 1 week ago

I was purely pro tools, but because more composing work is coming up (and the composing/composers are all in cubase in my click)...

PatrickFaith
replies: 0 views: 323
PatrickFaith 3 weeks ago

Hey Slutz! We've updated our spatial audio AR app with a visual interface, better audio spatialization, and new music from us...

tcw av
replies: 0 views: 358
tcw av 4 weeks ago

FEATURES: 30 ambisonic room impulse responses. Dry/wet control. Decay control. Spatial spreading of room...

Noise Makers
replies: 0 views: 299
Noise Makers 4 weeks ago

Rode Soundfield NT-SF1 Vimeo

Kewl
replies: 3 views: 549
bitman 12th April 2018

The Music Industry have been crying out for a new medium that can be repackaged and developed with improved quality over MP3,...

Bart Nettle
replies: 3 views: 586
RichardNolan 11th April 2018

Hello, I'm having a little trouble working this out or finding access to an answer online, but apologies if there is a simple...

ambislide
replies: 4 views: 536
emenelton 6th April 2018

Magic Leap is using Google's resonance technology base, I'm really glad they are using the resonance tech which is open source -...

PatrickFaith
replies: 0 views: 387
PatrickFaith 31st March 2018

WTF, his sandals are real! w1NxcRNW_Qk -lhR7GAtMjA

color
replies: 0 views: 411
color 27th March 2018
replies: 0 views: 393
lastcall 26th March 2018

I'm just curious as to what some of your are doing for reverb techniques in your 360/VR projects? In particular when head...

Tapwatr
replies: 5 views: 475
PatrickFaith 18th March 2018

Hi, Does anyone knows how to separate music from head movement? I have mixed stereo music that I need to put inside 360*...

Barajevic
replies: 3 views: 372
PatrickFaith 18th March 2018

Hey there, I own a Tascam DR-100mkII which does not have plugin-power. I'd like a really nice set of in-ear binaural...

chemical32winter
replies: 12 views: 1,175
mickblah 4th March 2018

Super impressed with how things are going with protools, I was complaining as a HD user not getting much for the new subscription...

PatrickFaith
replies: 68 views: 3,880
PatrickFaith 1st March 2018

Hi guys, I just recently started exploring binaural/ambisonic audio mixing for VR and have a few questions regarding the...

Oop
replies: 8 views: 913
Gusss 28th February 2018

You mix the project in ProTools using its FB360 tools and it's exactly as you want it to be inside of ProTools. You marry audio...

elambo
replies: 6 views: 662
Scratcher 28th February 2018

Pro sound FX giving away a decent rig. Here Worth a shot !

dee7271
replies: 0 views: 268
dee7271 27th February 2018

Testing a new microphone setup with triple figure-8 for X, Y, and Z. A true omni microphone for W. Here is the sound...

9sbean
replies: 6 views: 921
emenelton 23rd February 2018

Hey folks, Anyone using 4x DPA 4060s inside a blimp to do ambisonic recording ? Slowly building a very compact rig with a...

harnessed
replies: 2 views: 340
deedeeyeah 22nd February 2018

Did a Ball binaural mic, plus 4 figure-8 mics for front to back and top to down processing possibility. Can be simple 2 channel...

9sbean
replies: 5 views: 581
deedeeyeah 4th February 2018

Hello there, I am asound designer for the last 10 years, my range of work goes from film to motion design adverting etc. I...

makasi
replies: 3 views: 510
PatrickFaith 20th January 2018

Hi and does anyone have some pointers to the best software which can place a sound in a 360 degree space on stereo...

Ksp
replies: 7 views: 1,089
NReichman 11th January 2018

I explored the new object stuff in 12.8.2, I like the dolby tools, but couldn't really figure out how to use them with middle...

PatrickFaith
replies: 0 views: 441
PatrickFaith 7th January 2018

I've been going through a lot of production sessions, looking at what people are doing, and one of the biggest disconnects I've...

PatrickFaith
replies: 2 views: 727
PatrickFaith 16th December 2017

There's been a ton of updates by apple these last few days to support VR & immersive audio. I've always done pro tools on a...

PatrickFaith
replies: 1 views: 566
Kewl 15th December 2017

Sennheiser AMBEO VR Mic – a compact microphone for creating VR/AR content High-quality 3D audio that eliminates the...

The Press Desk
replies: 3 views: 1,806
Mesmerised 1st December 2017

This looks like a price that we all can afford with the flexibility of being able to use on the...

dr.sound
replies: 4 views: 1,002
Mesmerised 1st December 2017

Dear all, We are pleased to announce the release of Ambi Bundle HD. This new set of plugins support High Order Ambisonics...

Noise Makers
replies: 0 views: 752
Noise Makers 26th November 2017

Hi, Currently I'm writing an essay about sound for VR in film for my master degree and I'm searching for some usefull...

Barajevic
replies: 11 views: 1,650
Kewl 20th November 2017

Hi Guys, I'm loving the posts in this forum and learning a lot, and wanting to read up even more! I wondered if there were any...

jampot
replies: 6 views: 665
PatrickFaith 18th November 2017

Hello, Which software or plug-in do you like or dislike for binaural spatialization? Why? I am interested in tools...

amundsen
replies: 11 views: 898
psykostx 17th November 2017

Hello, Is there an easy, fast and affordable procedure which might allow one to create HRTFs to adapt a binaural listening to...

amundsen
replies: 0 views: 458
amundsen 13th November 2017

Hello, I am on a project including real-time binaural spatialization. I have seen there are some plug-ins to convert...

amundsen
replies: 2 views: 571
amundsen 13th November 2017

They discovered what we at Rhumba recently discovered. Fun stuff. The funniest bit is that the reporter for Ars is gushing...

NReichman
replies: 1 views: 547
PatrickFaith 13th November 2017

One theme I noticed at Gamesoundcon was almost everyone explained in detail how they thought in objects vs scenes vs channels. ...

PatrickFaith
replies: 2 views: 568
PatrickFaith 13th November 2017

Hi everyone, I just got the latest version of ProTools HD 12.2.8 with new Ambisonics mixing capabilities and I'd like to know...

baslotto
replies: 2 views: 666
Tapwatr 27th October 2017

Hey guys i would like to produce with my daw (cubase) in vr. Think should work with bigscreen vr or virtual desktop. Befire i...

sound joe
replies: 2 views: 742
sound joe 22nd October 2017

Howdy folks, and first post here. I've been experimenting with some ambisonic recordings and 360 videos using Reaper and the...

RobAnderson
replies: 2 views: 662
PatrickFaith 17th October 2017

With a focus on Virtual Reality sound this year, GameSoundCon might be just the ticket if you're in or near LA in...

Whitecat
replies: 2 views: 774
PatrickFaith 13th October 2017

Just thought I'd share a site specific project we've been working on which uses immersive 3D audio in the forest : 195733721

Magik Door
replies: 11 views: 1,126
Synth Guru 11th October 2017

Has anyone used one of these as a multichannel player or interface for surround sound purposes yet (or any other ) - does it just...

Gusss
replies: 0 views: 587
Gusss 11th October 2017

New up-mixing plugin from Waves. Could be useful. It's much cheaper than the Nugen Halo. I'm going to have to give the demo a go...

Tapwatr
replies: 4 views: 868
Tapwatr 11th October 2017

This is an interesting new sub forum. I'm curious if virtual reality is just defined as something "visual" or could it...

slutbox
replies: 3 views: 561
nonnaci 10th October 2017

Slutz, Our group has released an evolving, AR audio composition for iOS--alongside a how-to guide for other musicians to build...

tcw av
replies: 2 views: 501
tcw av 10th October 2017

So many questions... How many people are using the Dolby Atmos suite for mixing VR? From the little I've used it, it seems so...

RecRoom
replies: 4 views: 1,037
PatrickFaith 7th October 2017

I grabbed one of these units, and it sounds great! I was just wondering if anyone has used it to set up a multi-monitor surround...

mildheadwound
replies: 0 views: 515
mildheadwound 4th October 2017

I've been frustrated on AR standards recently, there are huge volumes in the cell phone industry happening in 2018 yet I can't...

PatrickFaith
replies: 0 views: 598
PatrickFaith 23rd September 2017

I think the game forum is basically dead, and the immersive forum seems to have died right off the bat. I don't think anyone in...

PatrickFaith
replies: 2 views: 735
Whitecat 13th September 2017

Hi, I have been approached about a project that is essentially an exhibition/art instillation with a requirement for immersive...

Mick Boggis
replies: 1 views: 787
Magik Door 31st July 2017

Two weeks ago I had an opportunity to sit down with Rafael Duyos and test his DSpatial software. It is still quite difficult...

Branko
replies: 16 views: 2,825
Gusss 31st July 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search