The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
figuring out the chord
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

figuring out the chord

Hi everyone!
I am trying to figure out the chord in this song:
YouTube

Anyone has any ideas? i tried all kinds of minor 7-9-12 etc but it does not seem to fit. the closest i got was putting two minor 3d's on 0 and +5 notes
also I have another question if anyone knows how to make this filtered chord on that starts at 1:58? i mean that it seems that it is filtered and automated but i don't understand how, i could not figure it out but it seems that the filter just drastically goes up and down the frequency creating this "wow" kind of effect and dynamics

cheers!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor1 View Post
Hi everyone!
I am trying to figure out the chord in this song:
YouTube

Anyone has any ideas? i tried all kinds of minor 7-9-12 etc but it does not seem to fit. the closest i got was putting two minor 3d's on 0 and +5 notes
also I have another question if anyone knows how to make this filtered chord on that starts at 1:58? i mean that it seems that it is filtered and automated but i don't understand how, i could not figure it out but it seems that the filter just drastically goes up and down the frequency creating this "wow" kind of effect and dynamics

cheers!
can't really hear it very clearly on my speakers but sounds like a C#m7 that raises to a D#m7 goes back down to a C#m7 right?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

thanks, may be you right!
i, still trying to figure out this gated/filtered pad, if someone has ideas it's much appreciated
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think you're posting this in the wrong subsection of this forum.

The first chord sounds like a minor 9 chord. The theory I've been taught stacks notes in intervals of minor or major thirds up to the highest written numerical, which means that a -9 chord would include:

root
minor third (the "-")
fifth
flat seventh
ninth

I don't have a keyboard in front of me nor do I have perfect pitch, so if we just say that the first chord is a C-9 (it might not be) then the notes would be:

C
Eb
G
Bb
D

The second chord I hear that is rhythmic and not just a pad pretty much just sounds like the same chord structure one full step down, i.e. a Bb-9
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I think you're posting this in the wrong subsection of this forum.

The first chord sounds like a minor 9 chord. The theory I've been taught stacks notes in intervals of minor or major thirds up to the highest written numerical, which means that a -9 chord would include:

root
minor third (the "-")
fifth
flat seventh
ninth

I don't have a keyboard in front of me nor do I have perfect pitch, so if we just say that the first chord is a C-9 (it might not be) then the notes would be:

C
Eb
G
Bb
D

The second chord I hear that is rhythmic and not just a pad pretty much just sounds like the same chord structure one full step down, i.e. a Bb-9
Thank you!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search