The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Software for creating interesting spatial fx on headphones Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 18th December 2017
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Ksp's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Software for creating interesting spatial fx on headphones

Hi and does anyone have some pointers to the best software which can place a sound in a 360 degree space on stereo headphones.

Binaural plugin ?

any good moving 3d fx plugins ? the last one i used was spin audios vst 3d panner .

I am interested in creating virtual headphone spaces for stereo headphones
Old 20th December 2017
  #2
Gear Head
 
nonnaci's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
Hi and does anyone have some pointers to the best software which can place a sound in a 360 degree space on stereo headphones.

Binaural plugin ?

any good moving 3d fx plugins ? the last one i used was spin audios vst 3d panner .

I am interested in creating virtual headphone spaces for stereo headphones
Muze for binaural reverb effects. Aeko for binaural delay effects.
Old 21st December 2017
  #3
Gear Maniac
 

Old 23rd December 2017
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
Sennheiser Orbit AMBEO(R) Downloads
I like this. Thanks. Only able to use it with room reflections off - too much CPU hit.
Old 23rd December 2017
  #5
Lives for gear
 
TheBrightSide's Avatar
Old 23rd December 2017
  #6
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Only able to use it with room reflections off - too much CPU hit.
How many instances were used? Did you try raising the DAW buffer size? Here's one stereo instance at 48 kHz and 2048 samples in Reaper: 0.31% CPU hit.
Attached Thumbnails
Software for creating interesting spatial fx on headphones-capture-d-ecran-2017-12-23-16.04.37.jpg  
Old 23rd December 2017
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
How many instances were used? Did you try raising the DAW buffer size? Here's one stereo instance at 48 kHz and 2048 samples in Reaper: 0.31% CPU hit.
Thanks Kewl; really useful feedback. Session at 24-bit/48kHz with 1024 samples latency...and I tried 2048 but same result.
Host DAW is Reason, which has only recently started to run VST's; so it could be some issue there. I'll try a reinstall later.

I'm assuming the room reflections add a lot to the Orbit?
Old 11th January 2018
  #8
Lives for gear
 
NReichman's Avatar
 

Check out Dolby Atmos VR.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump