The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ProtoolsHD 12.8.2 Ambisonic Discussion Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

That is one poorly chosen name........
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
That is one poorly chosen name........
?

High Angular Resolution Planewave EXpansion. After almost seven years on the market, this is the first time I hear such comment. Herpes, maybe?
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

... maybe.... ;-)
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Is there any reverb plugin capable of 360 apart from the audio ease one? i am looking for a freeware version or something. thanks
Old 18th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by makasi View Post
Is there any reverb plugin capable of 360 apart from the audio ease one? i am looking for a freeware version or something. thanks
The facebook plugin that comes free with 12.8.2+ has a early reflection reverb option that I think is pretty nice.
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

The facebook360 plugins and ambisonics with protools 2018.1.0 seems a bit more stabler with IOS 10.13.2, I was getting some lock up on 12.8.3 and 12.8.2 that I couldn't figure out. Cross my fingers that I didn't post too soon I must have been running into one of these problems in my session which seem now fixed:

Ambisonics Tracks and Busses

Renaming and then exporting Ambisonics format clips and files no longer creates Multi-mono files when Interleaved is enabled (PT-236296)
VCA Masters for groups of Ambisonics format tracks no longer have incorrect meters (PT-235323)
Auto-created Ambisonics busses no longer contain unexpected sub-paths (PT-235324)
Fixed an access violation that could occur when routing many Ambisonics tracks (PT-235106)
Old 30th January 2018
Gear Head

I was getting some freezes when i started with facebook 360 and PT12.8.2 but when i removed the older facebook plugs from the plugin folder it seemed to stop. Ive had other work on to stop me moving up from there so far and now were into PT2018.1 and new ambisonic plugs keep dropping out of the sky

mick
Old 31st January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickblah View Post
I was getting some freezes when i started with facebook 360 and PT12.8.2 but when i removed the older facebook plugs from the plugin folder it seemed to stop. Ive had other work on to stop me moving up from there so far and now were into PT2018.1 and new ambisonic plugs keep dropping out of the sky
mick
Hmmm ... I'm still crash free. Now I dont use any other ambisonic plugins aside from the facebook ones. As 2nd caveat, recently most my outputs are either mono stems or clips, so I am doing the ambisonics only as temp tracks for quick vr viewing on pixel phones (for scene reviews) of a temp mix. I'm also on a mac pro 8 core 32 gb memory d500.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Started testing the ambisonic update that has the object tracking features. It's still in beta, but I like how it installs really easy, it does overwrite the facebook 3.0 stuff, which is a bit different in the past before the facebook stuff was integrated into protools normal builds.

Here's a list of new features (the tracker is the huge time saver for me):

v3.1b (13 December 2017)
---------------------------
* New! (Spatialiser) Beta preview of the automatic object tracker
* New! (Spatialiser) Mouse movements wrap-around in the Equirect panner (for azimuth)
* New! (Spatialiser) Support for 2nd order input
* New! (Encoder) Convert .tbe to wav from the file menu
* Fixed: (Encoder) Incorrect stream length when using FB360 Matroska
* Improved: (Spatialiser) First to second order conversion
* VST 2.x is no longer supported

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search