The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

JZ microphones Vintage 67

...I'd consider a dark mic, very balanced and somewhat modern. It's related to the Violet Design Globe Standard and Amethyst Vintage because of the capsule design which are both great cardiod all purpose mics. I believe we're getting into the Violet Design/JZ capsule discussion that I don't know the details about. There is...

View Post

JZ microphones Vintage 67

I'll quote you with some additional info on JZ capsules. In reality there are only a few basic capsule models designed by Juris Zarins (JZ). They are numbered JZ001, JZ002, JZ003 and so on. These designs have a unique backplate that can be tuned by screwing them in and out, and allowing more or less...

View Post

which would you choose for OH's?

I qualified that statement in the next couple of sentences.

View Post

Product Description

"The Amethyst" Vintage uses dual diaphragm VD67 capsule and is designed for that classic warm sound we know from the classic vintage microphones. It has a slightly wider cardioid polar pattern. "The Amethyst Vintage" has a grey/blue body and uses a dual large-diaphragm, center terminated dual back plate capsule which provides a classical, wide-spectrum, vintage microphone sound. Both models have a unidirectional cardioid polar pattern with minimal proximity effect and are linear over the wide frontal incidence angle. An acoustically transparent head construction reduces internal resonances and reflections. The internal capsule shockmount along with the massive body construction reduces stand rumble, outside infrasonic interference and mechanical shocks.