The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The X73i is a class A, all discrete, transformer balanced microphone preamplifier with equalizer both based on the classic Neve 1073 module. It is constructed utilizing modern manufacturing techniques which allow us to offer this product at an incredible value. Now practically anyone can record with the classic sound of vintage modules without having to deal with inflated vintage prices. The X73i features the same class A mic pre as the X73 with all of the same eq parameters plus additional mid range frequencies, selectable input impedance, 1/4 inch D.I. on front panel, transformer balanced mic and line inputs, phase reverse, phantom power switch, eq switch, 70db of gain, quality Grayhill rotary switches, custom machined aluminum knobs, plus many other features. We just returned from this year's AES convention where we conducted listening tests between our new X73i and vintage Neve 1073's we rented from Dreamhire in New York. Many folks did the comparison and practically all who did found the units to sound amazingly identical.

Discussions

Preamp Upgrade, Neve Flavor

...single eq (not seeing many affordable eqs outside 500 series). But I really want to hear this N72. - Vintech X73i. Upper end of budget and mixed reviews. - AML EZ-1073. 500 series, but possibly worth the move. How is the N72 against the ZenPro modded GAP? Does putting an eq after a Neve-style...

View Post

Warm WA73EQ vs. Heritage Audio HA73EQ

...the Heritage does something really cool, but it’s more like the one on a Vintech x73i, which I really like. The Warm was a really big disappointment due to its poor transient response. The Heritage sounds too edgy to be a versatile piece, or to bear the 1073 name. I personally can’t say that...

View Post

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

Sounds great. Are those just absorber panels with a pattern in the fabric behind the drums?

View Post