The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Vintech Audio 473 features four 1073 style microphone preamplifiers with "essential eq" on every channel. We call the high and low shelving eq adjustments "essential" because they really help to enhance certain instruments and impart a certain magic to the sound like a vintage Neve 1073. Frequency choices are 3.2k and 12k for the highs and 60hz and 220hz on the low shelving but can be special ordered at other practical frequencies. Each channel also offers an input sensitivity adjustment allowing up to 70db of gain, an input impedance switch, a mic-line switch, an instrument input and switches for phantom power, phase reverse and eq on or off.

Discussions

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

...weekend!mezed kick in - Beta52 > ClassicAPI VP26 that I built the day before kfhkh kick out - home made subkick > 473 snare top - Beta57 > 473 snare btm - SM7 > 473 OH - 414EB > JFL MP F4 hihat - 452 > Millennia toms - 421 > Millennia rooms - Shinybox 46CMX > Portico

View Post

API The box?

Many of us have been down that road, thinking "how hard, really can it be?" You list a bunch of gear, almost all of which we also have in our studio. But you have obviously decided that you'd rather sum digitally, rather than using analog gear. Which means you are not chasing the "API...

View Post

SM7B into BAE 1073, should I still get a Cloudlifter?

Absolutely not necessary. I record using an SM7B into a Vintech 473 and with the gain set to 60 to 70 often and I don’t get any noise. The BAE should be even less noisy than the Vintech.

View Post