The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase 5+Camtasia
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Cubase 5+Camtasia

Hey guys, I've tried to screen capture daw and sync with audio but there is a problem that prevents me from getting the job done. I can't use my asio driver. I'm stuck with the internal mobo card...not great for this kind of thing. Does anybody know a workaround?
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Basically I wanna screen capture daw for tutorials and other things then upload it on youtube. My asio driver (saffire pro) works flawlessly in Cubase. However, when I record with camtasia it won't let me choose the asio driver. Inside Cubase I could switch the driver to 'asio direct X duplex' and that does seem to work. Camtasia was able to capture the audio along with the video, but I suffer big time lag. So that doesn't work.

Basically if I set the driver to the saffire pro inside Cubase and capture the screen with camtasia, it wont be able to capture the audio along with the video anymore. The video does get capture but no audio.
Old 22nd October 2013
The only 'workaround' I've found is to set up a second system to record DAW audio and commentary audio. What's going on is a possible conflict of the ASIO driver handling both Cubase and Camtasia at the same time. That probably isn't going to work. I would record some sort of reference audio on the internal audio, and then marry the external audio later.
Not sure if you are on Windows, but you can setup two audio cards on one system by going into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, and to NOT select the ASIO device for all audio functions specifically, but select 'Windows wave compatible' device (I'm not in front of the that computer to know for sure, but I think that's right) Then you can select a specific device for recording and another for playback. That might help you.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Nut

Thanks Bill. I'm going to give this a try. Also I found an asio multiclient that allow all your app to use as output. You can open as many as you like at the same time. I haven't try it but I'm going to see if it work.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search