The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best forum for film-makers and video editors?
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Best forum for film-makers and video editors?

I have a fairly solid background in music production, but film/video is a completely now foray for me. Six months ago I bought myself a pair of GoPro cameras and Final Cut Pro with plans of documenting a lot of my international travels, shows, interesting adventures and characters I meet.

Are there any forums existing for guys like me, where I can ask a bunch of noob video editing questions as I try and build my skillset? I've got the basics down pat already, but as I move into trickier things like time laspe, green rooming, and Motion FX, i'm scratching my head a little as I try to work the processes out. Youtube is proving pretty good, but it's not answering all my questions.

What forums should I try?
Old 8th May 2012
CreativeCow isn't bad.

We're going to be opening up the floor here to video post discussion sometime in the near future as well... there's a lot of crossover nowadays between those that do audio post and those that work on the picture side of things as well.
Old 8th May 2012
I really hope you have an additional recording setup with the gopros, they have the worst internal recording ever. They used them on a TV series I worked on and the audio is complete garbage.
Old 4th October 2012
How about this one here!

Old 4th October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by che_guitarra View Post
...Six months ago I bought myself a pair of GoPro cameras...What forums should I try?
DVInfo.net has a Cineform forum which centres mainly around software and file conversion inc. GoPro Studio:

CineForm Software Showcase Forum at DVinfo.net

Last edited by Arthur Stone; 4th October 2012 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Keeping it succinct
Old 23rd December 2017
if you have a question... ask!
Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear

There are some awesome film makers on this site... like mod said (check out credits)... You will get real personalized and useful information here. Try some questions...
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
We're going to be opening up the floor here to video post discussion sometime in the near future as well... there's a lot of crossover nowadays between those that do audio post and those that work on the picture side of things as well.
You mean a new sub-forum? That would be awesome!
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
You mean a new sub-forum? That would be awesome!
That post you quoted is 7 years old - you are inside the “new” subforum already...
Old 19th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
That post you quoted is 7 years old - you are inside the “news subforum already...
Silly, silly me :(

Got to necro-quote for my first time though....
Old 19th June 2019
The thread was floated up by a spammer too...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search