The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Corrupted audio after restoring it form a formatted ssd-Help
Old 30th May 2019
Here for the gear

Corrupted audio after restoring it form a formatted ssd-Help

Recently I accidentally formatted an SSD card which I use for direct sound recording, using a ZOOM H5 with it.

I looked up if there was any way to recover the "deleted" after formatting, and found several file restoration softwares (EaseUs, IBeesoft, etc), which I tried on their trial versions, looking previews of the audios to be restored. Some of them sounded good in the preview, however, others are just now chronic impulses of white noise with very faint traces of the original audio.

Is there any way to restore the original audio? Another possible issue was that, after formatting, the SSD card was used by another device (a GO PRO camera).

The files to be restored have the following characteristics:

Format: .wav
Bit Depth: 24 Bit
Sample Rate: 48khz

You can check it in the next link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uf...EKrW7Um2pLv6Zn
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Maniac

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible...s-possible-how

If you find a really good software and it works share please, I have just been sellect all > apply fades > delay > then a subtle yet dreamy reverb on it.
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear

I am sorry, but what do you mean by applying fades. You mean like manually editing and then applying those effects?
Old 4th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flosal View Post
I am sorry, but what do you mean by applying fades. You mean like manually editing and then applying those effects?
Hello,
It was a, "bad" joke.

In the past, having bad recordings due to many reasons I have changed the sample frequency, select all, cut silence, apply fade in and fade out, throw on a delay and black hole, choose a cliche name like, "Music for short people in airports." then upload it on a site I have never heard of before.

Good times.

Serious: If you try software to restore data and find one that is very, very good. Please share.

Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search