The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope Loudness Control Error
Old 5th May 2018
Here for the gear

iZotope Loudness Control Error

Trying to run iZotope Loudness Control (AS) on a 5.1 film mix and it renders only 23 minutes of audio, rest is silence. Did not have this error in last version of PT 12. This is on High Accuracy analyzing, if I don't use High Accuracy it will render all audio. I also delivered a 10 episode TV cartoon yesterday (10 min stereo files), worked fine on those in High Accuracy mode. I also made a new session, just used one 5.1 track with the file, no other plugs or video. Tried to reinstall LC, latest version, same deal.

I tried it on another 5.1 mix, on this is renders 41 minutes before it goes silent, so its apparenly not a fixed time when it stops rendering, also system and memory resources are low.

Was gonna deliver an EBU R128 file for the film yesterday, now I'm overdue, mailed iZotope support, have not gotten an answer yet, I doubt they will mail me during the weekend.

Running PT 2018.4 on a Trashcan Macpro, 20GB RAM, OS 10.13.3, PT HDX system in a TB chassi.
Attached Thumbnails
iZotope Loudness Control Error-screenshot-2018-05-05-12.32.09.jpg  
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcontrol View Post
Trying to run iZotope Loudness Control (AS) on a 5.1 film mix and it renders only 23 minutes of audio, rest is silence. Did not have this error in last version of PT 12. This is on High Accuracy analyzing, if I don't use High Accuracy it will render all audio. I also delivered a 10 episode TV cartoon yesterday (10 min stereo files), worked fine on those in High Accuracy mode. I also made a new session, just used one 5.1 track with the file, no other plugs or video. Tried to reinstall LC, latest version, same deal.

I tried it on another 5.1 mix, on this is renders 41 minutes before it goes silent, so its apparenly not a fixed time when it stops rendering, also system and memory resources are low.

Was gonna deliver an EBU R128 file for the film yesterday, now I'm overdue, mailed iZotope support, have not gotten an answer yet, I doubt they will mail me during the weekend.

Running PT 2018.4 on a Trashcan Macpro, 20GB RAM, OS 10.13.3, PT HDX system in a TB chassi.
Analyze? Or Render?? Which is it?
Old 5th May 2018
Here for the gear

Render, I can't see the analyze until I render the file. It renders the whole file, but no audio after a certain point, and looking at the analyze data, it has no waveform after that point either. If I save a textfile, it has analyze data for the whole file.
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcontrol View Post
Render, I can't see the analyze until I render the file. .
That makes no sense.

I always analyze, sorry to be arrogant, but I never have needed to render.

I am using PT 2018.4

Are you using the latest version of Loudness?? V1.03a
Old 6th May 2018
Here for the gear

It works on "normal" analyze, (I'm a bit over the LUFS specs though), but if you use Hi Accuracy Analyze, it fails. And when your'e in that mode, you need to render to see the results. And the Hi Acc. mode will make the file meet the specs, if it only had rendered it correctly.

Yes, using the latest version, first thing I did after the error was to download and reinstall.
Old 6th May 2018
Here for the gear

Made a R128 to specs now by changing true peak and gain settings a little, I was just 0.6 units over from the beginning, we used a lot of CD mastered music from an artist, loud in the film, and way to limited and compressed, asked the record label for unmastered versions, but they failed to deliver that.

But still, the error is there, not just on this file. Hope iZotope answers tomorrow.
Old 8th May 2018
Here for the gear

It's a bug, confirmed from iZotope and they are working on it.

"Hi Kenneth,

I just wanted to update you that I have been continuing testing here and I was able to reproduce the issue on RX LC 1.03.768, in Pro Tools 2018.4, on a Mac.
Can you confirm what version of RX LC is running on your system?

What happens next is a bug report will be submitted with our QA team for them to verify and test this data on their systems.

One work around for the time being is adjusting the gain before hand and then applying the regular, non-high accuracy processing as you stated. I have not been able to get the 5.1, high-accuracy to fail under a 20 minute clip length. So I would say cutting audio into clips that are about 20 minutes at zero fades to rule out pops/clicks would be another work around.

In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can be of any further assistance."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search