The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GoPro woe
Old 19th September 2017
Lives for gear

GoPro woe

Can any of you give me some tips on using video from a GoPro? My brother shot my show and gave the the card. I DLed the GPStudio, and fell into a rabbit hole. That is the clunkiest, slowest, nonfunctioning-est program I have had the misfortune to use in years. Am I missing something?
Old 19th September 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
Can any of you give me some tips on using video from a GoPro? My brother shot my show and gave the the card. I DLed the GPStudio, and fell into a rabbit hole. That is the clunkiest, slowest, nonfunctioning-est program I have had the misfortune to use in years. Am I missing something?
Best way to use GoPro footage is to render the clips in GoPro Studio then use in your favorite video editing program: https://gopro.com/how-to-prepare-sou...ng-windows-pc/
Old 19th September 2017
Lives for gear

I can't even get it to render. Goes to 95% and freezes. I've got the mp4 into Movie Studio, now if I can figure out how to unfisheye it...
Old 23rd September 2017
i use goPro footage a lot... its a pain in the butt, but no freeze issues. that sounds more like your system or editing s/w is unhappy with the codex being used. I convert all of my gopro footage to Prores before I try to do anything with it. Once i've converted to ProRes it works fine in any editorial s/w

cheers
geo.
Old 24th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
i use goPro footage a lot... its a pain in the butt, but no freeze issues. that sounds more like your system or editing s/w is unhappy with the codex being used. I convert all of my gopro footage to Prores before I try to do anything with it. Once i've converted to ProRes it works fine in any editorial s/w

cheers
geo.
What do you use to convert?

The machine has plenty of horsepower. I got a popup about needing Quicktime, but that is supposedly already on there.
Old 24th September 2017
you need Quicktime PRO. its like $25
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
you need Quicktime PRO. its like $25
Thanks.
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear
Can you still buy it? QT is completely deprecated now in place of AV Framework and soon 32bit apps won't work in macOS.

There are far better solutions now. Davinci Resolve is free, although more complicated.

FFWorks is a great front-end to FFMpeg and works great
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search