The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase 8.5 videoplayback problem
Old 21st May 2017
Gear Maniac
Cubase 8.5 videoplayback problem

Hi,

Sometimes when I playpack video it stops playing and just randomly freezes. This is kinda frustrating as lately Im doing sounddesign and compositions for some movieprojects and I am really dependant on this. Anyone knows what could be wrong?
Old 26th May 2017
you could have a disk IO issue, not a powerful enough CPU, you may need more memory, the files codex may be a problem for your editing software, the IO subsystem may be improperly configured, the disk may be fragmented... all sorts of potential reasons...
Old 28th May 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
you could have a disk IO issue, not a powerful enough CPU, you may need more memory, the files codex may be a problem for your editing software, the IO subsystem may be improperly configured, the disk may be fragmented... all sorts of potential reasons...
Tnx! I do need to be sure what the specific problem is however because I have a lot of assignments going on in Cubase. These are my specs"

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz 35 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
MSI B150 GAMING M3 (MS-7978) (U3E1) 35 °C
Graphics
ASUS VS247 ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
Storage
111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD) 38 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

I invested a bit more in cpu and RAM because I expected to use my pc for audioproduction solely so I cannot imagine that that can be the problem. However, I invested close to nothing for videocard, so I guess that that could be a problem?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search