The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Synching issue with audio/video - from 44.1 to 48khz
Old 26th October 2016
Here for the gear

Synching issue with audio/video - from 44.1 to 48khz

Hi everyone!

So I've been struggling with this issue all day and would really appreciate some help

I'm editing some dance instruction videos, with 8 different moves to different songs. The original video was shot with the audio in 44.1kHz.

The dance instructor continuously shouts out during the dances to reinforce rhythm etc. and the music is playing in the background here - relatively poor audio quality.

I have edited the moves together and resampled the audio from the video to be changed to 48kHz - I have this part synched up now.

The next step is to combine this video with the original songs (I have these in 44.1kHz too). I have tried resampling them to 48kHz but cannot get them to synchronise properly.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you!
Old 13th November 2016
first off, is the video shot on location, the picture editorial session, and the audio project session the same fame rate? Second, if the music was played on a device ( like a boom box) that was not gen locked to the camera, it's probably playing at a different speed, adnd when watching the footage will ibe fine, but may fall off or go faster than the polished master recording. And, if you have multi-cam recording and the cameras are not gen locked you can have sync issues over the duration of a song. Third, why did you go to 48khz in the middle of this if all the original material is 44.1 anyway.

If you are editing a music video. the simplest way is to take the original high quality music and drop it into a time line. then sync the cameras together if you have multi cam. Then simply line up the shot in the beginning of the time line using the background music and start editing. As you edit you slip the image to sync back to the original master recording of the song. repeat all the way through the edit. You can also drop the master song track into the time line, then if you have many short shots with the music on set, drop them in the time line and sync them each individually on multiple video tracks to the master music track, then edit accordingly.

cheers
geo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search