The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is Avid Media Composer, Symphony still #1?
Old 9th March 2016
Lives for gear

Is Avid Media Composer, Symphony still #1?

all video editing grumbling aside,

Is the Avid brand still industry standard for film and lower end MC, all that...
Iv been retired 10 years so just asking.
Its the one I learned on so it was always "The best" all that fan boy stuff.
Old 11th March 2016
A lot of studios use it but a lot of them also use Adobe Premier, Final Cut or even Vegas. I guess a lot depends on where you are and what others you have to work with are using. I don't think there is just one DVW that suits everyone.
Old 24th March 2016
I've editing professionally with AVID, PREMIER and FCP. In the end with the speed and power of todays systems... I'd pick Premier.

If you ask any given facility the question you asked, you'll get an answer based on what systems they have invested in...

cheers
geo
Old 24th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
I've editing professionally with AVID, PREMIER and FCP. In the end with the speed and power of todays systems... I'd pick Premier.

If you ask any given facility the question you asked, you'll get an answer based on what systems they have invested in...

cheers
geo
Old 31st March 2016
Lives for gear

Just out of curiosity; have you seen any editing using Davinci Resolve yet?
Old 6th April 2016
We just downloaded the freeware version and it looks good. I think Black Magic does some really nice work in hardware and software. I will let you know more when we have a chance to try it out on some projects. One problem I see is that it does not output .AVI files at least not on the PC version.
Old 9th April 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah, I'd love to hear how it turns out. Seems like an interesting option given the price and coloring abilities.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search