The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How can I eliminate keyboard clicking from being audible in live game streams ?
Old 4th March 2016
Here for the gear
Question How can I eliminate keyboard clicking from being audible in live game streams ?

Hi

I recently bought a Rode Procaster, Zoom UAC2, Triton Fethead, DBX 286S, the appropriate balanced cables, shock mount and desk swivel stand to use for Twitch streaming.

To set up the DBX I followed this video:

Whilst the microphone sounds good it picks up keyboard and mouse clicks. I ensured I did the correct research by picking up a dynamic cardioid mic and a compressor with an expander/gate. However it seems I failed somewhere either by product selection or not setting it up properly.

How can I eliminate these noises from being picked up? Whilst the video above is probably good for Podcasting/Broadcasting what do I need or what do I need to adjust please for live game streaming?

Thank you
Old 11th March 2016
I guess use one of these Matias Quiet Pro keyboard - the world's quietest mechanical keyboard. A headset microphone might have been a better choice since it would get the microphone closer to your lips. The best microphones and electronics are going to pickup extraneous noises like paper rustling noises or environmental noises in the room where you record. That is what they are DESIGNED TO DO. That is why in a professional studio there are acoustical barriers to minimize extraneous noises. In extreme cases there is a vocal booth for the narrator or voice over actor.

Best of Luck!
Old 12th March 2016
Gear Nut
Make sure the keyboard is in the null point of the polar pattern, and there's decent distance between them.

Your mic might also be picking up reflections, so try a little bit of room treatment.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search