The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DJI Osmo or Canon SLR for music-videoclip shooting
Old 3rd March 2016
Gear Nut

DJI Osmo or Canon SLR for music-videoclip shooting

Hi there

So I know that the DJI Osmo is very flexible especially for tracking shots and such. Let's say I'm alright with FullHD there's no need for 4K.

According to some links the Canon EOS Rebel t5i (in Europe: Canon EOS 700d) should be a very good choice for music video productions. A kit comes at the same price as a DJI Osmo Kit.

As I mentioned the DJI Osmo is more flexible. But I'm more interested in high dynamical pictures, good contrasts, etc and as far as I know the Canon EOS SLR-technology for videomaking gives me pictures that are more beautiful, dynamic than the DJI Osmo because the Canon is an SLR and the DJI is a "flat" Digicam?

When my emphasis is on PICTURE QUALITY I should prefer the Canon EOS 700D to the DJI Osmo is that correct?

What do you think?

Marc
Old 12th March 2016
I think you should get something like this Canon VIXIA HF G20 | Canon Online Store. We have one and it is GREAT and it records for long periods of time not like the DSLRs.

FWIW
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search