The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

Called “The Mercedes of VCA Compressors”, the original hardware Vertigo VSC-2 Quad Discrete Compressor built its reputation largely on the four, custom hand built, discrete “1979” VCAs used in its design. The plugin version of the VSC-2 captures every nuance of the hardware version and puts it right into your digital audio workstation. Quad Discrete VCA Compressor The VSC-2 is Vertigo’s first plugin release, made in close cooperation with Brainworx, and based upon Vertigo’s “Big Impact Design”. The VSC-2 plugin captures all the fine nuances of this $6,000 flagship VCA compressor. Although the VSC-2 was developed as a Stereo Bus Compressor, each channel provides a complete set of controls that also allows the VSC-2 to function as a dual mono device in recording and mix situations. Plus you get a mono version for mixing situations, of course. Other unique and innovative features lie beneath the bonnet, such as the ratio, which increases with amplitude in “Soft” mode. In this mode, the ratio positively corresponds to increasing input level, “tip toeing” in smoothly.

Discussions

Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin!

The Vsc3 is a different hardware and the programming is not based on the Vsc2 code. If you are happy with your VSC2 plugin just stick with it and don’t ask for an “upgrade discount “ The Vsc3 plugin is not an upgrade of the PA VSC2 software. I hope this explanation makes sense.

View Post

I had occasionally used VSC-2 plugin, mostly on mix buss, so I thought I'd know what to expect.. However I really haven't had the chance to use VSC-3 as mix buss comp yet, as the project I've been working on lately is being mixed without comp on the master.. But this is one amazing...

View Post

Yep the light CPU load is a definite bonus! BTW you CAN link controls in dual mode, click on the vertigo logo and choose "Link dual controls" it was added in an update.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides