The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio’s second most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers unrestricted access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment. The Universal Audio UAD-2 QUAD Core features four SHARC processors and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt*), giving your computer an immediate boost in audio quality and mix processing power. The UAD-2 QUAD Core includes UA’s “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL and more (sold separately). Fully Mac and Windows 7-compatible, the UAD-2 QUAD Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.

Discussions

Are UAD plugs any better than native alternatives?

Is the UAD-2 quad really £1,300 over there? That's almost $2,000 US - YIKES!. You can get them for less than $1,500 here. I only paid $1,170 for my UAD-2 Quad when it first came out, and I got mucho vouchers for plugins, which further reduced the overall cost. Plus, I sold...

View Post

So what Plugins did you Buy this Black Friday Season?

Posted by "Korg Addict." Proud displayer of consumable goods purchased: Macbook Pro i7 w/TB display, OSX10.11.6, LPX10.2.4, PT12.6 Native, UA Apollo Twin Duo, UAD-2 Quad FW, Genelec 8040, Korg Z1ex, Korg Wavestation A/D, DSI Mopho, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Taylor 110, Korg Legacy Coll., NI Komplete 8, Omnisphere, Rapture Pro and some Arturia VIs.

View Post

Universal Audio Apollo Twin Quad MKII - B-Stock $850

...Condition is New. Desktop 2 x 6 thunderbolt audio interface for mac and windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 khz audio conversion Available uad-2 quad, duo, or solo core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, eqs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency* Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps,...

View Post

Video Guides