The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Teletronix LA-2A Legacy Classic Leveling Amplifier Plug-In

Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A Legacy Classic Leveling Amplifier Plug-In
0 Own It
0 Used It
0 Want It
0 Watch It

Description

The Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier is practically the definition of tube-based vintage audio gear. The original LA-2A is responsible for the incredibly rich, warm compression found in countless classic recordings over the last 40 years. Universal Audio studied not just the LA-2A hardware’s sound, but how each component interacted and behaved under a full range of studio conditions — giving you that smooth, ultra-musical sound. In fact, the word “emulation” hardly does this plug-in justice. It is, more accurately, a “digital copy” of the Teletronix LA-2A, and upholds all the classic, analog characteristics of the original with unprecedented clarity and sound quality. Audio professionals revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its smooth, natural compression characteristics. A unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion — an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today.

Discussions

Is UAD expensive? Not my experience.

...UAD-2 Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 Plug-In for UAD-2 Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder Plug-In Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection Teletronix® LA-2A Legacy Classic Leveling Amplifier Plug-In Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection And for all of this I spent a total of $2024. Which is like $50/plugin. Plus I got more than half a year...

View Post

Trying to retire my UAD plugins, looking for the LA2A replacement.

Nebula programs have better tone than UAD - but maybe not better compression algorithm. Overall they sound better. Outside of Nebula, nothing is better than the UAD LA2A's IMO. You might as well just get anything else, like the Waves CLA2A cause it's not going to matter.

View Post

Klark Teknik KT-2A

...and warmer at the higher notes which revealed a clear difference when pushed vs the uad plugin So i tested with the UAD LA-2A gray with the unprocessed track but at the higher notes the plugin sounded harsh where the KT-2A did not Thats why i had to add something to smoothen like Tapue from Acustica Audio...

View Post