The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Universal Audio LA-2A Levelling Amplifier. Legendary, high-end, electro-optical compressor used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world.

Discussions

NAMM 2016: Warm Audio WA-2A - 2A style, all tube optical compressor

...audio with low noise and distortion? I always think if it's too good to be true then it is - a UA LA2A is £2600 in the UK that's $3640! Hopefully this unit from WA will prove me wrong as the price is so appealing.

View Post

Klark Teknik KT-2A

...all heard. Anyways....that being said we took our two KT-2A 's there and we did some comparison tests to the UA LA2A plugin. We ran them on mono and stereo source stuff but didn't bother stereo linking the units. It wasn;t a mastering test, we used stems. And as you can imagine the room...

View Post

So how do I get this amazing vocal sound?

...do this and how? I am guessing it could be something like this??? - UA 610B Tube Preamp - Antares Autotune - Teletronix LA2A Compressor - Pultec Pro EQ and pull out ALL of the lows??? - Lexicon 480L Reverb Why does it cut the mix so well? Are they heavily EQ'ing out the lows from the vocal? That's the...

View Post