The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

With its gentle, program dependent optical compression, and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world. In 2001, Universal Audio set the standard in analog emulation with the original UAD LA-2A plug-in. Today, UA’s engineers have redesigned the LA-2A plug-in with more obsessive detail. The LA-2A Classic Leveler Plug-In Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces features immaculate models of three highly sought-after LA-2A units, giving you the most authentic emulations ever of this iconic compressor.

Discussions

NAMM:Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Plug-In Collection-UAD & Apollo

... Includes three historic versions: LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and original LA-2 — each with their own distinctive sonic attributes • Models entire electronic path — including transformers, tube amplifiers, and luminescent cell aging process — for unmistakable analog color and character • Easy-to-use Peak Reduction and...

View Post

UAD vs Native

...G Bus Compressor Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder Teletronix LA-2 (Classic Leveler Collection) Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor Teletronix LA-2A Gray (Classic Leveler Collection) Teletronix LA-2A Silver (Classic Leveler Collection) Teletronix LA-2A Legacy (Analog Classics) Thermionic Culture Vulture(1) Tonelux Tilt EQ Tonelux Tilt Live EQ Trident A-Range EQ Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor Tube-Tech ME 1B...

View Post

Trying to retire my UAD plugins, looking for the LA2A replacement.

Kush Novatron has kicked my UAD LA2A collection out of bed. And unlike the LA2A you can completely control of the Novatron instead of just getting a very heavy-handed sonic signature with the UA every time. The only UAD plugins I still reach for are the Massive Passive, Pultecs and legacy Helios and legacy...

View Post

Video Guides