The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Building on a decade of the world’s most intensive modeling research, UA has recreated the famed Pultec EQ experience as plug-ins – ones that are nearly indistinguishable from the original analog hardware. When Ollie Summerland and Gene Shenk hand-crafted the first Pulse Techniques passive program equalizer in 1951, they had no idea they were transforming an industry. But like a Stradivarius, their little garage-built, made-to-order designs have been copied by nearly every EQ-maker for decades, and their early EQP-1A's still bring thousands on the used market — if you’re lucky enough to find one. The Pultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware includes the ultimate plug-in emulations of Pulse Techniques’ original passive EQs. With painstakingly modeled amplifier sections now onboard, the Pultec EQ Collection "breathes" like the original hardware. Going far beyond UA’s original standard-defining Pultec plug-ins, the EQP-1A faithfully models the overbuilt transformers and complex tube amplifiers of the original hardware. Simply running a full mix or single instrument through it imbues the track with the legendary Pultec analog magic. And, with these new plug-ins, you can actually hear the Pultec's amplifier overload effects — just as you would with the hardware — unleashing a bounty of sublime results. The Pultec EQP-1A’s signature effect, unintended by its designers, is its ability to seemingly boost and cut the same frequency simultaneously. In reality, the filters actually alter adjacent frequencies, but the naturally interactive resonant dip has an amazing boosting and tightening effect — especially on bass guitar and kick drums. The MEQ-5 Mid-Range Equalizer is the richly colorful tube-amplified companion to the EQP-1A. With two bands of midrange boost and one band of midrange dip, the MEQ-5 gets the very best out of the ”power region” where guitars and vocals can make or break a mix. The unique band overlap and filter interaction unleash the vibrancy of these instruments in the track – without fighting your overall mix. The never-before-available HLF-3C completes the Pultec Passive EQ Collection. This new plug-in adds 12 dB per octave low and high cut filters, for broad retro-tonal sculpting or bygone-era special effects. You can easily subtract the unnecessary frequencies in any instrument and sub-group so they stay wonderfully musical in the mix.

Discussions

What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2016 ?

I've had an exciting month here. RND Portico II Channel Strip, Pulse Techniques EQP-1A, Pulse Techniques MEQ-5, and original Pultec HLF-3C filter. I've managed to finally put together a real hardware version of the UAD Pultec Collection: jkthtyrt

View Post

Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion

...to buy Azure and will probably buy Tokyo as well). But P-1 is just ridiculously fat. I don't EVER remember UA Pultec MkII sounding as good as P-1.

View Post

Klark Teknik Pultec Clone - EQP-KT

...plugins did you think sounded closest to the Pulse? I'm wondering if I need to do any additional shopping beyond my UAD Pultec Collection. I have no bias towards the KT, it just always sounds pretty cool when I use it. I didn't think it was amazing in the shootout. But in my own personal time...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides