The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in provides UA's revolutionary magnetic tape emulation technology in a simple, affordable package — with all of the essential features. By harnessing the musical, mixable sound of tape, Oxide gives you clarity, punch, and warmth so every track "sounds like a record.” The Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in was engineered by the same team behind the industry-leading UAD Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Machine and Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Machine plug-ins. Designed in conjunction with AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight, Oxide gives your tracks and mixes the warmth, presence, and vibe of professional analog tape. Whether you’re tracking in real time using an Apollo interface, or mixing in your DAW, Oxide’s intuitive controls deliver musical results for beginners and pros alike. And when you purchase Oxide, you’re eligible for a discount toward UA's deeper-featured Studer and Ampex Magnetic Tape Bundle that may be redeemed at any time. By emulating fat tape compression and colorful circuit behaviors, Oxide gives your tracks and mixes the cohesive glue that only analog tape can provide.

Discussions

UAD vs Native

... Neve 33609SE Compressor Neve 88RS (Channel Strip Collection) * Neve 88RS Channel Strip Legacy * Ocean Way Studios Oxide Tape Recorder Precision Buss Compressor Precision Channel Strip * Precision De-Esser * Precision Delay Mod / Delay Mod L Precision Enhancer Hz Precision Enhancer kHz Precision Equalizer * Precision K-Stereo Precision Limiter Precision Maximizer *...

View Post

Softube sets sights on recording reel world with Tape plug-in

LOL :lol: I just watched a video with Satin, Kramer, VTM , UAD Oxide and ATR, and Tape I own Kramer ... don't like it. Satin is even more subtle to me than Softube's Tape. VTM had something there but ... not sure. UAD I have to say they have the Colonel's "secret recipe"...

View Post

Parallel compression phase issue

...was mixing a 909 style beat, sending to an aux for reverb, and another aux for parallel compression. Had UAD oxide on the main channel, a UAD Lex 224 for the verb send and a UAD 1176 for the parallel compression track. Life was good. I added a logic pultec emulation after the 1176...

View Post

Video Guides