The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

Developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces, the OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In is an exacting emulation of the hard-to-find hardware that quickly gained favor with EDM producers, DJs, and remixers with its lush soundscapes, distortion, waveshaping, and pitch-shifting effects. The OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In allows for creative mangling of sources on a bit-per-bit level. Users can invert or mute individual bits for a wide range of classic to twisted lo-fi effects, add chiseled crunch to kick and snare drums for instant character, or dial down the sample rate clock to generate funky, trashy textures on any instrument. OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In Key Features:

• Exacting emulation of this unique, modern lo-fi effect featuring both the digital and analog circuits
  • Versatile 8-bit crushing with individually switchable and invertible bits
  • Analog stereo multimode filter with resonance control
  • Brain-mode features 4 different lo-fi effects: Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch-Shifting, and Step-Filter sequencer
  • Emulated true diode-clipping on input
  • Available Exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces

Discussions

Oto Biscuit - How can something so small be so good?

Not to hijack the thread but: OTO Biscuit vs. Sherman Filterbank (Rack) MKII Which would you buy? The sherman is like $150 or so more than the Biscuit, but seems like you get a LOT more capability. (I realize they're different but I'm looking at them as FX boxes) -Wh

View Post

Confess your sins, and be forgiven (gear you sold/traded and it was dumb)

I sold an Oto Biscuit and I'm still trying to figure out why. :facepalm:

View Post

Culture Vulture as distortion box

...use cases. Interesting alternatives are the RML EFC Studio (which is more one dimensional but gets insane) and the OTO Biscuit (if you can find one). The latter offers more things like sample rate reduction/bit crushing and can also sequence and has analog filters, so it's on a different axis than the...

View Post