The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Developed by Universal Audio and Allen Sides, the Ocean Way Studios plug-in rewrites the book on what’s possible with acoustic space emulation. By combining elements of room, microphone, and source modeling, Ocean Way Studios moves far beyond standard impulse response players and reverbs — giving you an authentic replication of one of the world’s most famous recording studios. From the opening of Bill Putnam’s United Recording in 1957, to the annexing of neighboring Western Studio in 1961, to their reinvention as Ocean Way Recording under Allen Sides — the famed “Studio A” and “Studio B” at Ocean Way Studios have shaped the sound of countless classic records. From Ray Charles and the Beach Boys, to the Rolling Stones, and Radiohead, music creators have sought out the sound of these beautifully balanced rooms for more than five decades. Ocean Way Studios reinvents ambience processing with UA’s proprietary Dynamic Room Modeling technology, an exclusive combination of signal processing and advanced measurement techniques. Eclipsing standard convolution reverbs — which can only provide a sonic snapshot — Dynamic Room Modeling opens up the full spectrum of a studio’s ambience possibilities. Specifically, Dynamic Room Modeling provides the unique dispersion properties of various sources, as recorded through a selection of vintage microphones that can be positioned in each room — in real time — via a simple click-and-drag interface. This technology, with the guidance of Allen Sides, gives the Ocean Way Studios plug-in a shocking level of sonic realism. With virtual access to $250,000 of hand-picked, vintage microphones, Ocean Way’s microphone setups and Distance controls are the centerpiece of the plug-in. The setups capture the ideal microphone selections and placements for each room and source type — exactly as used to record some of the biggest acts of all time. Up to three vintage microphones pairs (Near, Mid, Far) are available in each setup, allowing for creative sonic blending. Click-and-drag the microphones to position them in the room, then EQ and filter their sound as desired — complete with mic bleed and proximity effects. Ocean Way Studios offers two modes of operation: Reverb mode, using send/return paths to mix wet and dry signals; or Re-Mic mode, to fully immerse the original source audio within Ocean Way’s rooms. Re-Mic mode is by nature “fully wet,” and can be used to entirely replace your original room and microphone sounds with the fabled sound of Ocean Way.

Discussions

Universal Audio - Ocean Way Studios Dynamic Room Modeling Plugin

...his $250,000 collection of vintage microphones — throughout the Ocean Way Studios design process. “The Ocean Way Studios plug-in comes as close to pulling up a set of my favorite mics at Ocean Way as I could imagine,” said Allen Sides. “The speed at which I can use this in a mixing configuration is ridiculous,...

View Post

Is UAD expensive? Not my experience.

...Collection Neve 1073 / 1073SE Classic Console EQ Plug-Ins Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection Neve® 88RS Channel Strip Plug-In Ocean Way Studios Plug-In Precision Enhancer Hz Plug-In Precision Mix Rack Collection Pultec EQP-1A Legacy Plug-In Pultec Passive EQ Plug-In Collection Pultec Pro EQ Legacy Plug-In Raw Plug-In for UAD-2 RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler Plug-In Roland® Dimension D Plug-In Roland® RE-201 Space Echo Tape Delay...

View Post

UAD v9.8 - V76 Preamplifier, Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced, Diezel Herbert

I agree 100% and my situation is similar, except that I'm selling all of my UAD plugins because I have no choice. I can't sell them individually, LIKE EVERY OTHER PLUGIN DEVELOPER ALLOWS AND IS STILL IN BUSINESS. So now I have to find someone who is on the UAD platform, or thinking about it, and...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides