The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Your top 12 plugins > daily use

The ones i would use on most of my mixes would be: UAD 1176 UAD LA2A UAD Fairchild Massey Tapehead Massey CT4 TL Space PSP 42 Fabfilter Timeless Delay (can't get enough of this one right now) Eliosound AirEQ Digirack EQIII

View Post

Is UAD expensive? Not my experience.

...II Delay Plug-In EMT® 140 Classic Plate Reverberator Plug-In ENGL® E646 VS Limited Edition Plug-In ENGL® E765 Retro Tube Plug-In EP-34 Tape Echo Plug-In Fairchild Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection Fairchild® 670 Legacy Compressor Plug-In Helios™ Type 69 EQ Plug-In Lexicon® 224 Digital Reverb Plug-In Manley Variable Mu® Limiter Compressor Plug-In Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 Neve 88RS Channel Strip Collection Neve 1073 / 1073SE Classic Console...

View Post

UAD Native Replacements

...Dawn, Valhalla, Klanghelm, and others. Some examples of UAD replacements in the second sense that are working well for me: UAD Fairchild and LA2A --> Klanghelm MJUC UAD 1176 --> Stillwell Rocket UAD Precision Buss Compressor, EQ, and Limiter --> Tokyo Dawn Kotelnikov GE, Slick M EQ, and Limiter 6 GE UAD Dimension D --> Soundtoys Micro Shift UAD...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The Fairchild 670 and 660 are the most coveted vintage compressor/limiters in the world, with good reason. These 20-tube tone titans — which now fetch upwards of $50,000 — impart an unmistakable silky warmth heard on hundreds of hit records from the Beatles and Pink Floyd, to Miles Davis and countless Motown classics. Now your vocal tracks, drum bus, and entire mix can benefit from the world’s most accurate plug-in recreations of these one-of-a-kind compressors. The very first Fairchild limiter that audio genius Rein Narma created on Les Paul’s kitchen table transformed the sound of recording forever. Soon, these 20-tube, 14-transformer, 67-pound behemoths were embraced by world-class studios, many of which still employ their vintage Fairchilds despite the increasing difficulty in maintaining these tube-driven tone machines. For a half-century, the Fairchild 670 — and its aggressive little brother, the Fairchild 660 — have defined popular music’s most revered vocal and drum sounds. In fact, the world’s elite mixers often employ a 670 simply for the “glow” it brings to their final mixes, even without compression happening. In 2004, Universal Audio released the Fairchild 670 Legacy plug-in, which was quickly heralded as the best 670 emulation available. Today, UA’s team of DSP experts have improved the original Time Constants and gain reduction curves, while modeling — for the first time ever — the complete tube-powered amplifier and transformer sections of their hardware counterparts. Far beyond other Fairchild emulations, only the new UAD Fairchild Collection is based on an accurate circuit models of Ocean Way Studios' “golden-reference” units.