The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Elite Audio Conversion with Eight Unison Mic Preamps, HEXA Core Processing, and Surround Sound. Apollo x8p allows music engineers, producers, and project studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual-Crystal clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring* — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC. Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 16 x 22 interface laps the competition with eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.

Discussions

Universal Audio Announces New Apollo X Thunderbolt 3 Interfaces for Mac and Windows

...the conversion being a step up. For reference, I’m using Focal Twin 6BEs + Sub6 and Audeze LCD3s. For the Apollo x8p, the difference on the monitor outs was more subtle compared to the 8p I previously used, but was significant with the headphone out. The blackface 8p’s headphone jacks always started running a little...

View Post

Will a Universal Audio Apollo x8p TRULY offload?

Hi all, Will a Universal Audio Apollo x8p TRULY offload resources from my PC? Right now on the 2 buss, my PC (3770K/32G/SSDs) + Liquid Saffire 56 is starting to buffer choke (crackle) -even at high buffer settings. Side note, buying a new PC or mac trashcan = meh, not now. Knowing that, will a Universal...

View Post

apollo x16 for synth-based home studio?

If you're using a total of 9 channels, could just add a Twin at some point, giving you a total of 10 preamps. rockout Though at least go for a Twin Duo for enough DSP to make the most of the Unison pres. I think with Unison, you're stuck with what the device itself can do,...

View Post