The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The API 2500 Bus Compressor is a permanent fixture on the stereo bus of many of the world's top engineers and producers. Considered the best of the Paul Wolff-era API circuit designs, this famed compressor adds energy, movement, and tone to stereo mixes and subgroups unlike any other compressor. The API 2500 Bus Compressor plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces is a spot-on emulation of this classic compressor, capturing its all-discrete signal path with Thrust® circuitry — and features a fanatically detailed modeling of API's custom transformers and 2510 and 2520 op amps.

Discussions

Universal Audio Releases the API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2

...have any with the Aucticta Audio Pink 2412 comp which is based on the API 2500. Any compare the UAD API 2500 to the Acustisca yet ? Would love to here some opinions ? I own the Pink 2412 and I must say it is pretty insane. Would...

View Post

Universal Audio Releases the API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2

Real world usage is what matters. I tested the UAD API 2500 yesterday on a drum buss and it was surprisingly good. It stood up admirably to some outboard I had been using. I also compared to several other flagship UAD plugin comps and it outshone most of them. Although I still prefer hardware...

View Post

Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin!

...not nearly as authentic as this newer version. I will definitely be purchasing as soon as I can. I see UAD API 2500, the PI Townhouse, and the Vertigo VSC3 covering most of my main bus duties for a long time to come. We are mixing in exciting times!!

View Post

Video Guides