The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverberator. Heard on hundreds — if not thousands — of seminal recordings from the 1980s onward, the RMX16 is still found in nearly every major recording studio the world over. The unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable, from U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna. Today, AMS Neve and Universal Audio proudly present the authentic AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb plug-in — exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces. In developing the UAD plug-in version of this landmark processor, Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve dusted off his original schematics and extensive notes. It was a laborious two-year process, but well worth the effort. The end result is a UAD plug-in that contains exact instruction-for-instruction models of the original algorithms — giving you iconic reverb sounds in your DAW. Designed to be musical rather than mathematic (Peter Gabriel owned a prototype unit and delivered notes), the original RMX16 was tuned and re-tuned by ear to provide as wide a "sweet-spot" of settings as possible. The RMX16 plug-in faithfully emulates the original’s straightforward control set — meaning no menus to navigate.

Discussions

UAD - AMS Neve RMX16 Digital Reverb Plug-In

...wasn't as nice as the real preset in the H8000 which is a glorious thing. If the "code" in UAD RMX16 is indeed identical to the real digital hardware $349 is indeed a bargain imo. I would gladly pay a couple thousand dollars easily for a "real" H8000 in plugin form however,...

View Post

Is UAD expensive? Not my experience.

...Amplifier Plug-In AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier Plug-In Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier Plug-In Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder Plug-In AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb Plug-In API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In API® 500 Series EQ Plug-In Collection BOSS® CE-1 Chorus Ensemble Plug-In Brainworx bx_tuner Plug-In Cooper® Time Cube Mk II Delay Plug-In EMT® 140 Classic Plate Reverberator Plug-In ENGL® E646 VS Limited Edition...

View Post

Is anyone still using hardware reverb units?

...plugins. I bought the UAD Dreamverb for cheap when it was on sale and was underwhelmed. I recently demoed the UAD RMX16 AMS plugin and it sounds really good. The PCM 92 was my favorite of all the hardware pieces I previously owned, but I don't use that much reverb, mostly delays. ...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides