The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

For more than three decades, the two-channel Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder has turned music recordings into records. With its cohesive sound, punch, and ability to provide subtle-to-deep tape saturation and color, the ATR-102 is a fixture in major recording and mastering studios and is considered by many engineers to be the best-sounding tape machine for final mixdown. The perfect complement to the workhorse Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder, the ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder plug-in for UAD-2 can provide the final “analog polish” on your music, turning songs into albums.

Discussions

UAD Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder Plug-In

...Recorder Plug-In It's Not a Record Until it's Mastered on an Ampex® Tape Machine. For more than three decades, the two-channel Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder has turned music recordings into records. With its cohesive sound, punch, and ability to provide subtle-to-deep tape saturation and color, the ATR-102 is a fixture in major recording and mastering...

View Post

UAD vs Native

...Buss Compressor 4K Channel Strip AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb API 550A EQ API 560 EQ API Vision Channel Strip Bermuda Triangle bx_digital V2 EQ & De-Esser bx_digital V2 Mono EQ & De-Esser bx_digital V3 EQ...

View Post

Softube Tape - so how does it sound to you?

I've used it on mix bus a few times... I generally would reach for UAD Ampex ATR-102 however in that position. All tape plugins are "subtle" but if you have good monitoring and trained ears it's simple enough to hear what's going on. I used to think the same thing.

View Post

Video Guides