The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apollo question- UAD Meter
Old 17th June 2020
Apollo question- UAD Meter

The UAD Meter window displays the current DSP, PGM, and MEM status of the UAD hardware in realtime.

DSP is obvious
PGM is what? The CPU load/drain?
MEM is RAM?
Old 17th June 2020
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
The UAD Meter window displays the current DSP, PGM, and MEM status of the UAD hardware in realtime.

DSP is obvious
PGM is what? The CPU load/drain?
MEM is RAM?
This article will likely give you the answers you're looking for.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...d-UAD-Plug-Ins
Old 18th June 2020
Ok thanks, I think I understand it now. Those are each related to the Apollo chipset and not the host computer CPU chip set. In my case I have a quad and rarely see the PGM or MEM rise very much, even with a heavy load of plug ins.

One more question: I'm thinking of adding a new Apollo Quad this year as an upgrade. if I keep my older Apollo and gang the two together will that essentially double my DSP power?
Old 18th June 2020
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbvoxx View Post
Ok thanks, I think I understand it now. Those are each related to the Apollo chipset and not the host computer CPU chip set. In my case I have a quad and rarely see the PGM or MEM rise very much, even with a heavy load of plug ins.

One more question: I'm thinking of adding a new Apollo Quad this year as an upgrade. if I keep my older Apollo and gang the two together will that essentially double my DSP power?
Correct.

Yes, you can add units and the DSP is combined into one system. You are still subject to certain limitations (https://www.uaudio.com/blog/uad-basi...l-dsp-pairing/), but your ability to run more plugins is greatly enhanced.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear