The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
First Impressions/User Notes about LUNA
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Question ADAT I/O

I have another question. I can't find anything in the manuals about routing the click to a specific output. For those of us using hearback type systems this is a big deal. I need to be able to route the click to a specific ADAT out on the slave Apollo in my 2 x Apollo 8 system.
The "click to cue" only allows to send it to one of the 4 cue outputs on the master Apollo via the cue buses (which I have mirrored to ADAT 1-8) IF you have selected that that Cue output is sending MIX

Being able to send it out mono to one single cue output would be good too.

In general I am struggling with the routing to the ADATs as when ARM/recording kicks in , it seems to cut off all outputs to the ADATS ... need more detail in the guide for this.

(I have all this working with Console & Logic ... so was not expecting any problems once I created a similar signal flow in LUNA)
Manufacturer

In LUNA v1, the click can only go to the Cues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio View Post
In LUNA v1, the click can only go to the Cues.
I'll stop fighting with it then

Looking forward to V2 ...
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

UA .... So if Luna is not a DAW as such ... more a recording system does that mean that the MIDI side of things will take a backseat for years to come if at all?
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Surprises View Post
UA .... So if Luna is not a DAW as such ... more a recording system does that mean that the MIDI side of things will take a backseat for years to come if at all?
The MIDI side of LUNA is being developed with the audio. They're seen as equals.

If there are things you want LUNA to do, the best thing to do is submit feedback to the team.
Gear Nut

Quote:
The MIDI side of LUNA is being developed with the audio. They're seen as equals.

If there are things you want LUNA to do, the best thing to do is submit feedback to the team.
Thank you for the reply.
DW1
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
Very capable plug-in, I mix with it quite often. Should be okay for basic tracking, perhaps after a "mojo" plug like the Neve preamp. The Cambridge EQ also gets a ton of use here.

The Precision CS and the Cambridge are nothing fancy when compared to today's native stuff, no bells or whistles, but they are very precise, good sounding (imo) and easy on the DSP, which always helps.
I agree on the Precision Channel Strip. I really like how the sound draws attention to the back of the stage, down the middle. It doesn't shove the high register into my ears and that's what I like about the sound overall. I like it's signature with synth plugins.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Spent some more time with LUNA

So, I have been spending some time with LUNA. I am liking it a lot.

My mid-2012 MBP is really struggling .. but I have ordered a new 2020 iMac 27" so I wanted to use some spare time I have to get more familiar with it.

Firstly I have to say that once you start to dig into LUNA, some of the Office Hours videos really become useful .. huge amounts of tips and tricks. So well done!

Secondly, the ability to create new tracks and record on the fly (even on my old MBP) is great .. makes me feel I don't need to over-prep for a session like I did with Logic (I would always have created tracks for anything I thought the artist may want to do because I like to move fast once a session gets going, much of which would go unused)

Thirdly, the Isolate is great .. to allow some standard input "hardwiring" I have in my room.

Lastly, while waiting for the new iMac to demo API summing .. I have already done a few stem exports from Logic to Luna to compare with my analog summing (RND5060) and there is certainly a (positive) difference in width .. I am wondering what the pan law in Luna is? And does it vary with the Neve/API summing?

All in all looking forward to trying this out on a computer that is not puffing and wheezing :-)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Manufacturer

Nice!! Thanks for the report and glad you're liking the streams, we have a ton of fun doing them.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
So when recording in luna i get the sound of the mics even when turning of record mode on the channel.

So I went in to console 2 and the sound cane from that. I turned down the volume in c2 and got back to luna.
Then I didn't hear the sound from the mics. But once i turned on rec on the channels and then turned off after recording the same thing happens. C2 channels go up and the sound from the mics is present in luna again even without monitoring and rec on?
How do console 2 work with luna. Is this a bug or is my settings wrong?
Thanks for any help
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
So when recording in luna i get the sound of the mics even when turning of record mode on the channel.

So I went in to console 2 and the sound cane from that. I turned down the volume in c2 and got back to luna.
Then I didn't hear the sound from the mics. But once i turned on rec on the channels and then turned off after recording the same thing happens. C2 channels go up and the sound from the mics is present in luna again even without monitoring and rec on?
How do console 2 work with luna. Is this a bug or is my settings wrong?
Thanks for any help
You either have that channel Isolated, or you have Console Tracking Mode on.

With CTM off (the default) LUNA will take over controlling Console, with it on, they operate side by side like Console works with 3rd party DAWs now.

I highly recommend watching this video.

https://youtu.be/0FrM8g1wm9E?t=633
Old 48 minutes ago | Show parent
Quote:
You either have that channel Isolated, or you have Console Tracking Mode on.

With CTM off (the default) LUNA will take over controlling Console, with it on, they operate side by side like Console works with 3rd party DAWs now.

I highly recommend watching this video.

https://youtu.be/0FrM8g1wm9E?t=633
Thank you
Old 44 minutes ago | Show parent
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
Thank you
You're welcome.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions after you've watched the vid.
📝 Reply