The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

We took a journey back to the Golden Age of magnetic tape recording. We wanted to recreate all kinds of tape machines in software, from the ground up. After many months spent on research, measurement and on developing an architecture that would be flexible enough for the job, we knew we had nailed it… But we couldn't stop there: We added the old noise-reduction systems that were often (mis)used for timbral compression effects. Then more heads and a global feedback path, which made an uber-tape-delay and realistic 'one-shot' tape flanging possible. Users familiar with analogue recording gear should instantly feel at home with Satin, and digital aficionados will also learn to love the magic of tape — Satin invites you to explore and find out for yourself.

Discussions

anyone else underwhelmed with modern poly synths?

:lol: Lol Okay.... Get your hands on one and live it with for a moment. Then come back to this thread. It's a living, breathing thing. It's temperamental, it's unpredictable.... I've had days where mine decided to completely make a different noise on a take than it was supposed to and that ended...

View Post

Studer A827 hardware emulation

I've been quite happy with U-he Satin for this purpose. It sounds nice and it is hard to make it sound bad. But in the last two sessions I did, that had a lot of high end information, I've used it extensively in guitars and keys and started to notice something funny in the...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides