The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Tom Petty Dynamics Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Having grown up and lived in the area until I was 30 (which covered the time the song was written) - Reseda doesn't technically have any freeways running through it but its surrounded by them and the line surly captures the feel of the place.
The verse isn't really about Reseda, that's just the choice that sounds and scans the best. The other options being... Burbank, Glendale, San Fernando, Hidden Hills, Arleta, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Granada Hills, Lake View Terrace, Mission Hills, North Hills (formerly Sepulveda), North Hollywood, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorama City, Porter Ranch, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland-Tujunga, Sylmar, Tarzana, Toluca Lake, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Warner Center, West Hills, Winnetka, and Woodland Hills.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
It's of zero interest for anyone, but I wanted to share with you anyway:

Played a Petty tribute concert yesterday (I had Campbell's part and I can tell you, that's a really tough one) with a really cool and dedicated band of friends and locals. No one is usually doing cover music or anything, but after the idea came up, we all decided that if we ever wanna do covers, then it's gotta be Petty. Our town is not really big, but has always had a great music scene and it was great to see new people at every rehearsal wanting to do a song or something. In total there were 13 people on stage. We made the gig free and I've never seen the venue so crowded. So many people came and we had such a blast playing (18 songs based on their live set from the last tour, switched some for personal favourites) I can honestly say that was the best experience in my 20 years of making music. All the credit goes to the man himself and his wonderful and timeless songs. As I said, zero interesting for anyone, but I'm still so stoked I had to tell you. Petty's the man. The wild one, forever.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
^^ Don't say, "It's of zero interest for anyone"
I,m sure Family and Friends of the late Tom Petty would really appreciate it, if they heard about the gig.
Its good to hear that the power of someones music can resonate.
and it gave you the best musical experience of the the last 20years…not bad eh?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

A truly great song is a song that you not only know and love, but a song that always makes you want to sing along. And Tom made a lot of them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
^^ Don't say, "It's of zero interest for anyone"
I,m sure Family and Friends of the late Tom Petty would really appreciate it, if they heard about the gig.
Its good to hear that the power of someones music can resonate.
and it gave you the best musical experience of the the last 20years…not bad eh?
Still flying on the vibes from thursday! Comin' down will be the hardest thing... Thanx, man, much appreciated!
Mentioned Products
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search