The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chris Cornell dead at 52 :( :(
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Very saddened.

Thanks for everything Chris Cornell.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

I can't believe this. It's just too much. Listening to Chris's records taught me how to sing. Watching him reclaim his voice in later years, hitting notes with a clarity I hadn't heard in a decade at Soundgarden concerts in 2014, filled me with joy, happiness, and resolve: No matter what happens - smoke damage, nodules, life just getting you down - you can get your voice back if you work for it--and then some. It's a cliche to be sure, but he was inspiration incarnate for me. I have been sitting here at my workstation, unable to do anything all day. May his voice echo in the throats of generations for years to come.
Old 3 days ago
'Death by hanging- suicide in a hotel room' .

WTF ??? How many times has this happened ?

Chris Cornell , a brilliant artist . R.I.P.
Old 3 days ago
RIP Chris, loved your work with Soundgarden
Old 3 days ago
Unhappy

Very sad news.

RIP Chris Cornell.
Old 3 days ago
What a tragedy...

Chris music lives on forever.

RIP Mr. Chris Cornell
Old 3 days ago
Yeah it's very horrible.

I woke up to my friends texting me about it. I couldn't even process it yet til later in the day. What a goddamn shame. A true inspiration for me, especially Euphoria Morning. Lots of folks saying they always thought he was one of the more stable musicians of the 90's era. Who knew???

Out of all those genres and millions of tunes I always felt like Soundgarden was at the core, pure MUSIC.

What a shame. Nothing lasts forever.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Truly an outstanding Son of Seattle. I'm from Seattle and spent time with that beautiful rock god in the studio. He was kind, approachable, ultimately talented, inspiring, endearing, insert amazing adjective here, etc. So crushed by this news. If I had a wish, it would be to give him a huge hug and let him know that things suck now but they will get better. Not trying to be too corny, just heartbroken and remembering a beloved, galactic talent that will NEVER be replaced. I was an intern at Bad Animals during Down On The Upside and will cherish every memory as a gift...

Fly free, brother.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

"Nothing seems to kill me no matter how hard I try
Nothing is closing my eyes
Nothing can beat me down for your pain or delight
And nothing seems to break me
No matter how hard I fall nothing can break me at all
Not one for giving up though not invincible I know ..."

RIP Chris
Old 3 days ago
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

From the article.... "....side effects of Ativan include "paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgment"; Vicky Cornell noted her husband's slurred speech following the Detroit concert in her statement."

What a terrible, terrible shame this is.

Whatsoever I've feared has come to life
Whatsoever I've fought off became my life
Just when everyday seemed to greet me with a smile
Sunspots have faded and now I'm doing time
Now I'm doing time

'Cause I fell on black days
I fell on black days

Whomsoever I've cured, I've sickened now
And whomsoever I've cradled, I've put you down
I'm a search light soul they say
But I can't see it in the night
I'm only faking when I get it right
When I get it right

'Cause I fell on black days
I fell on black days

How would I know
That this could be my fate?
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Extremely sad. RIP.

Outshined and Black Hole Sun are all time classics in any genre, not just grunge.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
Extremely sad. RIP.

Outshined and Black Hole Sun are all time classics in any genre, not just grunge.
Total agreement here.

The whole posting of the last Detroit gig(from telephones of course-just how it is now) where he is seemingly not well,to the local reports,of what happened,I'm very sad,and much more,though different perhaps,when one is on their own?

Everything(when not totally consumed about my own survival),is an endless state of WHY? inside this little brain,who was also born in 1964,and along with another Front person('s),to me THEY are what made the re-emergence of Guitar rock n roll from 1988 or so,to 1994(and later if you like), like many others that never saw Jimi Hendrix,or Zeppelin(obviously lots more too),early 90's Rock is so huge to us,that were in our 20's still ATT,and saw them live.

?
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search