The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So without a warning Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd December 2010
So without a warning

I'm pulled from an "OPEN" discussion! where many people agreed with my posits...LOLZdfegadfuuck dbl LOLZ on the emoticons
Old 22nd December 2010
If it had been my call, I would have done the same thing! And done it to myself too!!!
Old 22nd December 2010
LOL!

why have an open discussion and then BLOCK open discussion without replying to the person?
Old 22nd December 2010
I have just about had it with your insolence...
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
I have just about had it with your insolence...
the old wives tale of full moons and ovulation is true
Old 22nd December 2010
"Security! Him!"
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
LOL!

why have an open discussion and then BLOCK open discussion without replying to the person?
Is that a trick question? Oh I know - Jules has already implemented my suggestion that he let his advertisers run the post reporting squad. Yep, he and his advertisers liked my suggestion so well they've removed me from the "post reporting" thread too.
Old 22nd December 2010
Well, obviously you've done your part and don't have any more to add.

Stop reading something sinister into this!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Joly View Post
Is that a trick question? Oh I know - Jules has already implemented my suggestion that he let his advertisers run the post reporting squad. Yep, he and his advertisers liked my suggestion so well they've removed me from the "post reporting" thread.
Ich sehe, die Füchse im Hühnerstall bewachen!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is that a trick question? Oh I know - Jules has already implemented my suggestion that he let his advertisers run the post reporting squad. Yep, he and his advertisers liked my suggestion so well they've removed me from the "post reporting" thread.
Hey! Wait!... I thought you have left gearslutz!??
Glad to see it's not true!
;-)
p.
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Is that a trick question? Oh I know - Jules has already implemented my suggestion that he let his advertisers run the post reporting squad. Yep, he and his advertisers liked my suggestion so well they've removed me from the "post reporting" thread too.
hey michael tried to PM you but you block PM's send me an email at sigmasoundz.com so we can stay in touch!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
Ich sehe, die Füchse im Hühnerstall bewachen!
OK goat, that's it. I'm telling Jules you are using a foreign language I don't understand well - something about foxes and hens. You know its not nice to be smarter than somebody else! Oh, that's another good one for Jules' "posting infraction" list - too smart for the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr View Post
Hey! Wait!... I thought you have left gearslutz!??
Glad to see it's not true!
;-)
p.
Oh I'm back to go down in flames! And report as many post infractions as I can.

Quote:
hey michael tried to PM you but you block PM's send me an email at sigmasoundz.com so we can stay in touch!
Hey Sigma, will do! But you'd better watch your step - I might just report you to Jules for suggesting "side conversations" off of GS PM.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
[...]
Oh I'm back to go down in flames! And report as many post infractions as I can.
Must feel liberating, no!?
;-)
Reckless abandon and all...
p.
Old 22nd December 2010
i think i started a thread where those who respond end in the gulagheh
Old 22nd December 2010
And the active users viewing... they better beware also...
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

There also should be a special button for reporting "excessive use of REPORT button"... or something to that extent. I mean, somehow, somebody needs to keep all that reporting in check, right?
p.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
i think i started a thread where those who respond end in the gulagheh
Oh that's too funny Sigma - especially coming in after Piotr's "Labor Camp Orchestra" signature!

Quote:
And the active users viewing... they better beware also...
You know, back in Catholic school it was a SIN, a sin I tell you to view certain images. Even "watching in your head" (as my daughter Eva said at age 3) is a Sin. How can we report that to Jules?
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Oh that's too funny Sigma - especially coming in after Piotr's "Labor Camp Orchestra" signature!
heh
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Hey!
Where is that REPORT button!
;-)
p.
Old 22nd December 2010
so Jules..if i'm going to be banned can you leave my info up for my friends can contact me?

i wonder if my honest and opinionated posts were removed
Old 22nd December 2010
Michael-- I will insist that in order to "report" yourself, you firstly would have to be "ported," like a speaker. And I seriously doubt this is the case.

As for you, Sigma... "friends"? If you've got any friends here, let them cast the first stone! Er....
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

invisible

I am not here. You did not read this. Wait... uhh, just remember the first part.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
If it had been my call, I would have done the same thing! And done it to myself too!!!
Hmm . . . that's interesting. Will we be able to report ourselves when we get out of hand? That would be the ultimate form of self-policing.

I think the button should be changed to a mushroom cloud to reflect the severity of its use, and perhaps add a red switch cover to it so it feels official.

I cannot dally in this frivolous thread because there are much more serious threads that demand my attention:

Golden Age Pre 73 White vs Black Knobs

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
... Will we be able to report ourselves when we get out of hand? ...
I'm thinking there could be an "auto-report" feature... like, every time you post, it's automatically reported. That would take the guesswork out of it.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm thinking there could be an "auto-report" feature... like, every time you post, it's automatically reported. That would take the guesswork out of it.
Niiiiice!
Good thinking there!
I like where this is going!
p.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Great work guys. We're making much more progress on this issue here in the gulag labor camp than over in the main "post reporting" thread. I'm so inspired by the "self-reporting" and "auto-reporting" idea I've been trying out a variation of it. I just point out to my thread neighbors the nature of my infractions as I make them. This gives me a clean conscience and gives my neighbors an opportunity to do their duty and report me.

You know, the PRC may have abandoned the cultural revolution - crit / self-crit etc. But that doesn't mean Jules has to!
Old 22nd December 2010
I've already reported all of you!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Great work guys. We're making much more progress on this issue here in the gulag labor camp than over in the main "post reporting" thread. I'm so inspired by the "self-reporting" and "auto-reporting" idea I've been trying out a variation of it. I just point out to my thread neighbors the nature of my infractions as I make them. This gives me a clean conscience and gives my neighbors an opportunity to do their duty and report me.

You know, the PRC may have abandoned the cultural revolution - crit / self-crit etc. But that doesn't mean Jules has to!
A proper self-criticism thread!
Excellent thinking.
This way future offenders can learn something before they (inevitably) offend.
p.

Someone should report this idea though.
It's too anti or too pro.
Am not sure which.
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
This message has been deleted by Michael_Joly. Reason: Impure thoughts
i went to catholic school too
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

"Impure thoughts"

I LOVE IT!