The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
So without a warning Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
i went to catholic school too
Me too! That altar boy gig was something, wasn't it?

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
Can we all please stay on topic!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Can we all please stay on topic!
Practicing your moderator skills?

BTW, the strict rules inherent in Catholicism seem to correlate to the OP's premise in starting this thread. He sinned, but he wasn't informed of his sin, so he is obviously searching for the reason so he can do the expected and required penance. You wouldn't want him to end up in purgatory, would you?

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
Me too! That altar boy gig was something, wasn't it?

Cheers,
--
Don
never was an alter boy..but they made me sit with monsignor after i questioned a nun who said everything god created is good;; it was 6th grade..i said what about rape and war..the nun just repeated her phrase

later i went to the library and read sartre, alan watts, the bhagavad gita and camus..

i said the response should been "if there is a god and he created free will then that is beyond good or evil..what man does with his free will is good or evil based on morality of the culture one is in"

they thought they could make me a priest after that LOL

next time i was in friday mass i was eating tasty cakes and got kicked out... they also caught me using communion wafers like frisbbees..now this...iconoclastic?
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

"Impure thoughts" - that was the actual name of the post, er, thought infraction we had to self-crit in the confessional. I think the RC church had the jump on Mao when it came to self-crit.

I feel all good and nostalgic and **** now, yo! I'm also reminded of my stint with the Haight-Ashbury Community Radio / People's Media Collective. I'm really happy Jules had the presence of mind to start the "thread reporting" function on the Solstice / Eclipse day - the first since 1648! (btw - the Salem witch trials didn't start until 1692 in case you were wondering).
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Michael,

I think you should report this:

Has michael joly lost his mind???????

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Damn! Beat me. I knew there would be some self-reporting amongst you all!tutt
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Joly View Post
"Impure thoughts" - that was the actual name of the post, er, thought infraction we had to self-crit in the confessional. I think the RC church had the jump on Mao when it came to self-crit.

I feel all good and nostalgic and **** now, yo! I'm also reminded of my stint with the Haight-Ashbury Community Radio / People's Media Collective. I'm really happy Jules had the presence of mind to start the "thread reporting" function on the Solstice / Eclipse day - the first since 1648! (btw - the Salem witch trials didn't start until 1692 in case you were wondering).
interesting.. i was going to google the events around the date of the last time this lunar event happened on a solstice

but that's too far away [1684/1692]to draw conjecture
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
It didn't take, did it heh
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Practicing your moderator skills?

BTW, the strict rules inherent in Catholicism seem to correlate to the OP's premise in starting this thread. He sinned, but he wasn't informed of his sin, so he is obviously searching for the reason so he can do the expected and required penance. You wouldn't want him to end up in purgatory, would you?

Cheers,
--
Don
Would you be surprised to learn there are stealth moderators, who for all the world seem part of the rabble, planted surreptitiously and biding their time like East German spies? No? Too incredible, you say? Good... good...

I hope he ends up at the Sunset Grill, really. That's what I want.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK goat, that's it. I'm telling Jules you are using a foreign language I don't understand well - something about foxes and hens. You know its not nice to be smarter than somebody else! Oh, that's another good one for Jules' "posting infraction" list - too smart for the thread.
Mea culpa.
Old 22nd December 2010
i'm reporting that this belongs in the moan zone!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
Mea culpa.
There you go again! I think that is two strikes actually - "foreign language use" and "getting the last word".
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug hazelrigg View Post
It didn't take, did it heh
aleister crowley was my hero hehhehheh
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Too incredible, you say? Good... good...
Don't be ridiculous. We

I've said too much already.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

You'll all rot on the rulebreaker page for this!

_________
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcb4t2 View Post
You'll all rot on the rulebreaker page for this!

_________

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 22nd December 2010
This is all a misunderstanding, I had nothing to do with this. At my trial, I will prove it.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

you do realize that "dozens of engineers spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported" . . . there is a "flash of green light" then there is just a "little green globule" . . ."more like a stain really" on the studio chair.

Quote:
never was an alter boy..but they made me sit with monsignor after i questioned a nun who said everything god created is good;; it was 6th grade..i said what about rape and war..the nun just repeated her phrase

later i went to the library and read sartre, alan watts, the bhagavad gita and camus..

i said the response should been "if there is a god and he created free will then that is beyond good or evil..what man does with his free will is good or evil based on morality of the culture one is in"

they thought they could make me a priest after that LOL

next time i was in friday mass i was eating tasty cakes and got kicked out... they also caught me using communion wafers like frisbbees..now this...iconoclastic?
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

So I guess this is the thread where the "guys with 20 or 30+ years of experience" come to try not to be bitter about being chastised after "straightening out" a snotty and ignorant (probably inexperienced and lame as well) hothead who disrespects them, and/or an industry "legend".

I'm not gonna name any names, or I just might have to report myself, and/or repeatedly strike myself rhythmically in the head with sacred clay tablets in time with an ancient Capuchin Monk chant!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
SNIP
I think the button should be changed to a mushroom cloud to reflect the severity of its use, and perhaps add a red switch cover to it so it feels official.
SNIP

Cue klaxxon....

AooooooooGAH!
AooooooooGAH!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
There you go again! I think that is two strikes actually - "foreign language use" and "getting the last word".
C'est la guerre...
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
you do realize that "dozens of engineers spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported" . . . there is a "flash of green light" then there is just a "little green globule" . . ."more like a stain really" on the studio chair.
I thought we just lost them to "bizarre gardening accidents"!
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear
So MJ, perhaps you could mod yourself? Create a version that's less harsh, with leaner mids or less heft?

I've been trying unsuccessfully for years to modify this cheap, Canadian body I've got to work with. I'd have bought a german one, but the capsule replacement is a bugger...
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob1 View Post
So MJ, perhaps you could mod yourself? Create a version that's less harsh, with leaner mids or less heft?

I've been trying unsuccessfully for years to modify this cheap, Canadian body I've got to work with. I'd have bought a german one, but the capsule replacement is a bugger...
Sadly, they no longer support my model. I feel your pain.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
C'est la guerre...
Ok goaty, that's three strikes buddy - German, Latin and French! Je souffle ma morve dans votre direction générale! Now I'm going to report myself for speaking French and doing what I just did in your direction.
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
is this Spinal PAP?

luckily i still have no cavities..the scare of communist flouride in our water was just that..so i don't have to eat baby food in my twilight years
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

BTW - In tribute to the million record man, I'm going to report myself a million times this year!

And then come back here and report that I did it. I finally got my kids outta the house and my wife is pretty self-sufficient, so I think there's a good chance I can achieve my goal. Especially starting on the auspicious day of Solstice / Lunar Eclipse and Jules' new thread reporting function starting up.
Old 22nd December 2010
(Sheesh-- what a glory hog!)

I am getting very disturbed that my contributions to this thread are getting overshadowed-- please reassure me that this is not so.
Old 22nd December 2010

Quote:
luckily i still have no cavities..
Then you have nothing to fear from a cavity search.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search