The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

More than just a straight summing mixer, this new offering provides sound shaping possibilities too, with a simple yet powerful bass ( 50Hz ) and treble ( 10kHz ), Stereo Width and Depth controls, and the new ‘Attitude’ distortion section. The inputs are arranged as 4x stereo pairs and 4 mono, all with mutes, the mono inputs also have pan pots too. Two additional Aux inputs are provided for echo returns and the optional forthcoming Little Bustard 16 channel expander. The Fat Bustard lives up to its name-guaranteeing Big Fat Sounds!

Discussions

5059 Satellite Summing Mixer from Rupert Neve Designs

...not an audio dork thing, it's a matter of pleasure in the process. ITB is not as much fun as the Thermionic Fat Bustard, with pumping analog outboard and parallel processing all done quickly and by hand. It's not just the rich oil-painting sonics, it's the fun and inspiration. Which contributes to the...

View Post

Is it worth going out of the box in 2018?

...I do both with my most valuable pieces of equipment being a Rupert Neve Designs Master Buss Processor and a Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard (Green). My conversion is by DAD, so it always sounds fantastic. With inexpensive multi-track conversion the sound can really suffer. It is expensive (and worth it) to go out of...

View Post

Summing with flavours

...vs. trannies on only the output (Burl) makes the difference here. I was torn between the CAPI summing mixer and the Thermionic Fat Bustard last year and went with the Fat Bustard since I could get hold of it for quite a steal.. But I am more than happy with it. The extra features like EQ...

View Post