The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

The Moan Zone

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you have a problem, a suggestion, a complaint, whatever about Gearslutz itself, please do not post it here! Go here instead...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 25,375
Whitecat 24th April 2013

Got a call from a parent of a young singer. She wanted me to do a recording of her daughter. She also wanted me to guarantee that...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 10 views: 520
theblue1 4 minutes ago

So, I pre-ordered 2 items from Stam Audio. The 1173 and the Sa47 mic. They kept pushing the ship date further and further...

Scottloveaustin
replies: 110 views: 6,154
TOFMD 8 minutes ago

For years. I've tried to move over to protools. Since 2002. I've been a Logic User since 95 and Cubase since atari. I bought a...

illynoise
replies: 108 views: 5,103
timtoonz 5 hours ago

Serious Problems With Direct Offline Processing - www.steinberg.net

SeanRyder
replies: 40 views: 1,365
SeanRyder 9 hours ago

I always disliked and continue to dislike the 808 and all its cousins (not talking about drum samples like in the Roland...

Toddskins
replies: 25 views: 323
e6400ultra 17 hours ago

Just for lighthearted purposes. If you could ban two subjects for threads on gearslutz because they are a waste of interweb...

norfolk martin
replies: 10 views: 608
MixedSignals 1 day ago

In my 20 plus years of computer audio, I have only recently started noticing people calling DAW's "doors". They are not...

Radial185
replies: 10 views: 683
monomer 1 day ago

The term EDM is very frustrating to many of us. I don't know about my fellow slutz but we need to bury this term deep under the...

queensandkings
replies: 86 views: 5,948
monomer 1 day ago

yes i hate most of them they re not sound shaping tools more like sound controlling in an isolated tiny box ,u cant go further...

risingson8
replies: 51 views: 3,607
Shakedown St. 2 days ago

1. Decades ago in California, Prop. 13 passes. It pegs property taxes at 1% of the sales price. Very low. 2. LAUSD public...

Brent Hahn
replies: 11 views: 625
theblue1 3 days ago

Protools Ilock is to Iphone no 1/8 inch jack so you need a break away cable for an F-ing phone? F that! I was ready to get Pro...

mctoad
replies: 12 views: 703
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

I have the good fortune to be on very good terms with a lovely mid sized recording studio a few miles from my place. I've gotten...

Lance Lawson
replies: 12 views: 1,237
Lance Lawson 4 days ago

Hey guys, figured I`d drop into the moan zone with this story and see what you all think. This might be a little long. I have...

thepulse101
replies: 13 views: 672
kafka 4 days ago

More info here Sony takes controlling stake in EMI Music Publishing - BBC News This could be really really good or really...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 1 views: 315
Blacklilyorchard 5 days ago

Gibson files for bankruptcy | MusicRadar Knew it was coming, having trouble finding sympathy for the company after all the...

Philter
replies: 44 views: 2,130
Sounds Great 6 days ago

Step 1: Make a knockoff of an iconic piece of "vintage" gear. Step 2: Contract to have it made in China. Step...

Moon Unit Sound
replies: 7 views: 627
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago
replies: 1,796 views: 168,386
latweek 1 week ago

Hi guys! I'm interested in knowing your opinion. Not to repeat every word I already wrote, I will just point to my message...

normanion
replies: 48 views: 1,655
wagoo 1 week ago

A while ago I sent my newly acquired vintage U67 to Tony Merrill. To date I have patiently waited more than 2 1/2 years for him...

guitdog
replies: 155 views: 21,840
timguitartaylor 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
Dana_T. 1 week ago

Hey everyone it's Allen from the Synth Spa, I felt like it was important for me to respond to some recent criticism,...

WildOlive
replies: 598 views: 97,592
WildOlive 1 week ago

I'm experiencing a problem with my Fredenstein VAS Compressor. I've written 3 emails to customer service dating back a few weeks...

John N
replies: 4 views: 552
John N 1 week ago

Over purchased for my studio, cant even use it any more. FILLED got a new stereo for my garage, my school buss has a PA...

Jaybird
replies: 4 views: 679
FreshProduce 1 week ago

Hi guys, This is my first post on gear sluts, I've been using the sight for over 5 years and just wanted to say what an amazing...

Ben Westbeech
replies: 3 views: 1,268
trevon 1 week ago

Over the weekend I got 6 phone calls all from "this is not a sales call but we are conducting a survey" companies. They...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 14 views: 538
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

A quick reminder to dog owners, please be sure to always have them on a leash when they aren't in a secured fenced yard or...

RunnyKine
replies: 5 views: 524
thepulse101 2 weeks ago

This is the third email I've recieved within the past few years where someone from France wants to record with me. This was a...

davey boy
replies: 15 views: 3,448
Philter 2 weeks ago

A new EQ I ordered was on the Fed Ex truck out for delivery at 8:30 a.m. this morning and it needed a signature. I waited all day...

Jason rocks
replies: 22 views: 742
JoeyM 2 weeks ago

I'm sure plenty of you guys know who Jexus is, and have watched at least one of his awesome synth videos. Jexus -...

Stevism
replies: 75 views: 17,037
normanion 2 weeks ago

I often think there are magic plugins that I need to up my game, but they don't hold up over time. Melodyne and Waves Vocal-Rider...

goom
replies: 12 views: 774
toledo3 2 weeks ago

Crazy output by Behringer announcing many clones of older Arp, Korg and Roland gear. I am curious what it will do to the...

intuitionnyc
replies: 137 views: 7,163
gravyface 2 weeks ago

(this is what's called an apocryphal question, i think ;) ) why are programmers crabby and intolerant?

islandmonkey
replies: 52 views: 1,632
mikefellh 2 weeks ago

I'm younger than a lot of folks here. I had a turntable for a very brief time as a kid, but spent most of my youth listening to...

Derp
replies: 125 views: 5,053
joelpatterson 2 weeks ago

I’m not going to pretend anybody here likes me. In fact I’m gonna give lots of people here reason to hate me... Yes you...

Hollowman9
replies: 361 views: 9,080
brockorama 2 weeks ago

Do they even have tech support? I know they do but no one ever picks up. Why do you have keep authorizing each time you update a...

sopre
replies: 11 views: 1,734
currentstatus 2 weeks ago

Just can't believe Daryl would let such an incredible talent like Paul Pesco get away… One of my all-time favorite shows,...

tommy_asakawa
replies: 64 views: 71,450
Poetnariet 2 weeks ago

This week I have soley dedicated all my time and focus to learning sound design and synthesis using the Virus Ti 2, and all I can...

smoothjazz
replies: 190 views: 13,795
midicontrol 2 weeks ago

The latest "client problem" is clients who say "I will be over later to pick up my materials" or...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 19 views: 982
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

I have been running a recording studio for 20 years or so. It is a small studio but a pro studio. I record all type of music...

arsmusic
replies: 21 views: 721
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

First off, I don't have a lot against record labels for the most part, you see all the "greedy labels" etc everywhere...

theillusionist
replies: 61 views: 2,250
theblue1 3 weeks ago

... on Gearsluts and other forums. What is your opinion on this method?

cemski
replies: 37 views: 2,094
cemski 3 weeks ago

I kind of hesitate to post this because he might be a Gear Slutz member but: If you've been to the vintage pro audio section of...

Rob Coates
replies: 574 views: 70,535
Sounds Great 3 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
jdier 3 weeks ago

Here is a condensed version of my moan. Sent a microphone out for modification and repair. What I wanted: 1) asked to...

Black Seal
replies: 17 views: 571
Black Seal 3 weeks ago

Continuing another thread concerning the OS update. As some others did - i bought the Modal 002 with the FX card installed....

zahush76
replies: 249 views: 15,057
zahush76 3 weeks ago

I love audio memes for that perfect niche of humor :lol: feel free to post your personal favorites!

Hellcat Hijinx
replies: 4 views: 2,046
Subverter 3 weeks ago

"Spotify, Apple Music's main competitor, this morning opened on the New York Stock Exchange at $165.90 per share, valuing...

spaceman
replies: 29 views: 1,259
Desire Inspires 3 weeks ago

I mean, I've been studying music since 1995. I make and compose music and create and record songs. I always assumed that a...

Benprogfuse
replies: 30 views: 1,059
psycho_monkey 4 weeks ago

. Has anyone experienced this? I looked in Home Depot for a solution, but they told me aisle 23, and that was...

Sqye
replies: 12 views: 1,184
Sqye 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search