The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ac sound ??? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Ac sound ???

http://store.acsoundstudio.com/

Who knows this company or who has ordered one of his products?

I ordered and paid a Pie Comp over 3 month ago.
I got the info that it would take 1-2 month to built and deliver the unit.

After I wrote several mails I got the info that it could take longer because of some ordered parts that the constructor has to wait for.

A month later (now) I try to get in contact to the company owner for 2 weeks to get a more exact time frame for delivery...

BTW e-mail response was fery fast when I had questions about the comp, ordering process etc. BEFORE
I ordered and paid upfront...

Maybe somebody can give some infos about personal experience with this company or some advice in general
(P.S. AC Sound is USA and Im in Germany so visiting the company isnt the best solution).

Thanks
Tom
Old 12th December 2014
Looking at a part of their website AC Sound Recording Studio - Services it looks like they maybe a very small operation with one or two people working there and they are multitasking and trying to do too much with the staff they have. I have never used any of their equipment nor do I know anyone that does. Small custom build audio boutiques are notorious for being slow to fill orders. If worse comes to worse ask for your money back. That usually motivates the people to get the job done.

FWIW
Old 16th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Thanks Tom.
Maybe I should ask to get my money back. Still waiting for an answere but it feels strange more an more.
Old 16th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom F View Post
Thanks Tom.
Maybe I should ask to get my money back. Still waiting for an answere but it feels strange more an more.
I had that device on my radar. Glad I read this. The last thing I want is that kind of customer services...
Old 17th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Maybe I can find some satisfied customers here?
Old 18th December 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by akai612 View Post
I had that device on my radar. Glad I read this. The last thing I want is that kind of customer services...
Wow, that shows how important customer service is for a small shop. One bad experience can lose a lot of sales.
Old 18th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Its not my interest that AC Sound will get a bad image. But Im interested in other "user / customer storys" to think about my next steps...

I paid the full price (1700$) upfront and got nothing till now: no product, no answer to my questions (about delivery date). But I know of another customer (gearslutz member) who ordered a comp 6 month ago and is waiting too.
You can find it here (Geektronic76):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/memb...70-abechap024/

So I think customer service is not only important but fair if you take money upfront.
If I would take full price for a production in my studio upfront, my customers/ musicians have the right to get some authoritative statements about start/ end of production etc.

Thanks
Tom
Old 23rd December 2014
Gear Maniac

Site down:

http://store.acsoundstudio.com/
Old 24th December 2014
Lives for gear

Get in touch with Paypal now and if you payed via credit card on Paypal get in touch with them too..

Terrible news..

Also contact ACsound on ebay for a refund - they are still selling…

Ac sound ???http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-Sound-C...item4ad736df10
Old 2nd January 2015
Gear Maniac

I sent a $65 payment on September 16 to preorder a pair of CLX-VU pcbs. On October 6 i sent an email asking for an ETA on the boards. No reply. On November 12 i sent another email threatening to get in touch with paypal if i didn't at least get a reply. A reply came, apologizing for the wait and assuring me that the boards were still "excepted". After reading this thread today i sent an email formally asking for a refund. I don't really care about my $65, just hate supporting companies like this. Communication isn't rocket science.
Old 9th January 2015
Gear Maniac

After some mails and a "last one" with a deadline (10th January) some days ago still no response...

@ Crims:
The reply you got seems to be part of its "business". I got a similar mail some weeks ago (and I know of 2 other similar storys).
After that communication fully stopped (no mail response, no facebook response, no ebay mail response). Its very strange that the company has to wait for parts for several month. ???

I think I have to inform paypal after 10th January.
Old 9th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P View Post
Also contact ACsound on ebay for a refund - they are still selling…

Ac sound ???AC Sound CLX-VU (DBX 160VU) Custom 2 Channel Compressor | eBay
The online-store is still up/up again, and they still selling there, too.
Old 9th January 2015
Gear Maniac

I wonder if they really sell/ deliver a unit via ebay. Of course they take the money..., but the other part of the deal?
Maybe somebody who got a unit the last days/ weeks could post here some good news.
Old 9th January 2015
Gear Addict

Sorry, I don´t have any informations, I just saw that the their own shop is not down completely, so at least there is hope they are not completely out of business for now.

I wish you it will all turn out good in the end.
Old 26th February 2015
Here for the gear

DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM THE GUY!!!!
It's been such an ordeal to now have it go quiet.
Abe seemed like a lovely guy explaining that there were circumstances beyond his control (waiting for components, etc) He even said 3 months ago it was ready to ship but the requirements of shipping to Australia had changed, blah blah, it's coming up to 11 moths now and no unit, no refund, no communication at all.
I've wasted money I can't afford to lose, I have 2 children about to start school and this is so disappointing!
Old 28th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Still no news/ communication after asking for a refund. Informed paypal again. Thinking to get in contact with my lawyer.
BTW I ordered 6 month ago.
Old 10th April 2015
Lives for gear

I am in the same boat.

Wish I had seen this thread previously.

Bought pcb's on website , nothing forthcoming , wont respond to emails. Their phone number is no longer connecting to THEM but to a rather confused 3rd party.

Seems he has done the same thing on ebay recently to.

At this point I am gonna call this dude out.

He is a charleton a thief and a fraud.
Old 10th April 2015
Gear Maniac

OhOh... that doesnt sound good.

Some days ago he posted on his Facebook site that there is no excuse for what has happened.
Thats all so strange because it takes 5 minutes to pay back money via online banking...

If you like please post a comment on his FB site about your order.
Old 16th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Link to his FB profile?
Old 7th July 2015
Last year, I send Abe/AC Sound five dbx 160VU for repair/rehab. He did a great job quickly for a great price. The units perform and sound great.

Then I sent him two dbx 160VU and one dbx 162 for repair in October. He sent me emails about the repairs. However, since February 25, 2015, I've been getting promises and no action.

The two dbx 160VUs belong to a friend. I'm screwed if I can't get them back.
Old 10th July 2015
Gear Maniac

That really sounds bad. I contacted my lawyer after getting no responses to several mails. He knows and contacted another lawyer in the USA (Im in Germany).
Now we are checking our options. Maybe we can find another waiting customer who lives in the near of AC Sound and who could make a visit...
Then we maybe can find out the reason for this strange behavior...
Old 30th July 2016
Here for the gear

Hi Guys, I live near him (assuming hes still in utah) and maybe can help get you guys your money back/products. I like to assume the best...i hope he didnt intentionally rip you guys off...Maybe people that are owed products/money email me?
-Chaz
Old 16th November 2016
Here for the gear
Hi folks, I recently made an order with AC Sound, before seeing this. Did any of you manage to get your goods eventually, or is it advisable just to contact Paypal right now? I noticed there's been no posts on their Facebook for some time....
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogroast View Post
Hi folks, I recently made an order with AC Sound, before seeing this. Did any of you manage to get your goods eventually, or is it advisable just to contact Paypal right now? I noticed there's been no posts on their Facebook for some time....
Contact paypal straight away.. Don't wait..
Old 17th November 2016
Abe eventually sent my gear back partially repaired. He seems like a nice guy in way over his head...
Old 20th November 2016
Here for the gear
thanks for the replies folks...

Jacob, Abe's brother initially replied in minutes to the Paypal dispute.

As i'm only in for $62 for 2 DBX160 boards I decided to trust them to deliver.
Old 23rd November 2016
Gear Maniac

Still waiting for my order, refund, response
Old 7th December 2016
Here's an email I just received:
Attached Thumbnails
Ac sound ???-screen-shot-2016-12-07-9.22.39-am.png  
Old 10th February 2017
Here for the gear
I received that email too.

When I questioned when the boards would arrive they said end Jan/early Feb. Nothing yet and no updates via email or on their facebook.

Ended up ordering another set from Collective cases which are partly populated - just a few more parts to arrive before I can finish it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search